TEAM LEAD (TL), KENYA
- Department: Programs
- Area: Program Management
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Supervisors: Director of Programs
- Contract: Fixed term (with possibility of extension)
- Status: Full-Time
- Compensation: Based on experience
Contract terms & conditions and salary compensation will vary and will be defined on the basis of local employment rates and in accordance with the position grade and/or experience.
Still I Rise, an international NGO, works towards development and the realization of humanitarian projects aiming at providing education and support to refugee children and youth, is now looking for a Team Lead (TL) to join Still I Rise Kenya program. The Team Lead will provide strategic and operational leadership towards the program’s implementation and coordination at the International School, Nairobi. *The job holder is expected to practice decision-making at strategic and operational level with a high degree of judgment based on problem-solving experience, drawing on a range of external and internal factors.***
Management and Coordination:
- Working closely with the Executive Director on passing on the Organisation’s vision and mission, within the program, whilst ensuring topmost quality at all times.
- Lead, chair, and coordinate Program Support Unit (PSU): admin, HR, logistics, finance, education, safeguarding and security.
- Provide oversight to programme and operational activities, team building and facilitate creation of external partnerships.
- Work with PSU to lead monthly/quarterly planning sessions in accordance with proposed work plans, and budget forecasting. As lead, propose strategic realignment strategies.
- Supervise and provide guidance to staff, partners and consultants ensuring adherence to planning and priorities.
- Effectively represent SIR and International School of Nairobi at different forums/levels.
- Lead Program Support Unit (PSU) to conduct regular monitoring and reporting on financial management aspects: timely forecasting, preparation and execution of procurement plan, budget vs actual, spending analysis and establish cross linkages with work-plan progress.
People and Culture:
- Lead on recruitment and talent management of the staff.
- Ensure robust implementation of HR strategies such as performance management and monitoring systems.
- Cultivate and maintain a collaborative and safe workplace environment (WALK the TALK).
- Work closely with programs, operations, and other technical units to ensure well-coordinated, streamlined, and professional communication.
- Adapt and promote an integrated implementation approach by coordinating and cooperating with other thematic areas (safeguarding, education).
- Provide strategic oversight towards documentation and sharing of knowledge and emerging best practices.
- Support strategic units (programs, advocacy, grants) to develop proposals to advance impending priorities.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- 5 years of working experience in the nonprofit sector, including managing teams and providing financial and operational oversight.
- Experience of working in and across project management cycles.
- Experience of working through community participation and/or approaches.
- Good IT skills including use of MS Office.
- Fluent knowledge of the English language (written and oral).
- Certification of SPHERE humanitarian standards will be a plus point
- Kenyan national or in possession of full residency status.
- Previous experience within the Education sector is considered an advantage.
- Facilitative leader.
- Believes in commitment, integrity, and accountability.
- Versatility and adaptability to a changing environment and be able to handle multiple priorities.
- Self-starter with ability to provide creative solutions.
- Competent in negotiation and problem solving.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications, including a copy of their CV, Cover Letter, and a written authorization to personal data processing, by sending an email, indicating in the subject “***TEAM LEAD***”, to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in Still I Rise.
- Job City Nairobi (Mathare)