- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
Overview of position:
- HART is looking for suitable candidates with relevant experience for one of their project.
- Should have evaluated at least 1 project / program implemented through a Program Estimate (PE) & at least 1 evaluation that had a Technical Assistance (TA) Component.
- Must demonstrate knowledge in the fields of Agribusiness, Rural Development, Institutional Development or related field.
- Should have evaluated a development cooperation project implemented by a local authority or a project targeted at building the capacity of local authorities to increase own source revenue or create a conducive environment for economic activities.
- Should possess demonstrable senior evaluation expertise having been Team Leader in at least 3 evaluations of projects / programs.
- This role reports to the Project Manager.
- The Team Leader must hold at least a Master’s Degree in the fields relevant to the assignment such as Economics, Trade, Business, Agriculture, Agriculture Economics, International Development or a related field, in the absence of a Master’s Degree, the Team Leader should have a Bachelors Degree in the relevant fields above & an additional 2 years of working experience to the minimum requirements.
- Relevant experience in agriculture, economics, institutional development, agriculture economies, business or related field is required.
- Should demonstrate good written & communication skills (i.e. report writing as part of a donor funded project & presentation of findings to stakeholders).
- The Team Leader should have undertaken a minimum of 5 project / program evaluations in the fields of agribusiness, rural development, local economic development or related field, 4 of which should be in developing countries (as per latest OECD list-https://www.oecd.org/dac/financing-sustainabledevelopment/development-finance-standards/daclist.htm) with at least 2 in ACP Countries.
- This includes the capacity to adapt & use quantitative & qualitative methods of data collection and analysis.
- Experience in the evaluation of local economic development projects / programs will be considered an asset.
- The experts must all be fluent in English.
- This role has no team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
- Job City Kenya