Options Consultancy Services Limited was established in 1992 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We are a consultancy organisation providing technical and management expertise in the health and social sectors to governments and international development partners to transform the health of women and children.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Contract type: Fixed term, full time
- Options is preparing to bid for the anticipated Gavi-supported Nigeria Learning Hub for Immunization Equity and is currently seeking a Team Leader who will provide strategic, technical, and managerial oversight of the programme.
- Based from Options’ Abuja office, the Team Leader is accountable for the overall development and delivery of the Nigeria Learning Hub for Immunization Equity strategies and activities.
- The Team Leader will lead a ‘One Team’ approach, uniting work undertaken by Options and its sub-contractor organisation(s).
- The Team Leader will be responsible for engagement with the client (Gavi), ensuring an adaptive approach that is responsive to client engagement and feedback.
- They will also lead the hub’s engagement with senior stakeholders at the federal and state levels, ensuring the hub is credible and respected as a source of evidence on what works to reach ZD children in Nigeria.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Significant and proven experience working in international development in a leadership role.
- Strong proven technical expertise in the field of immunization programming and research, working to improve access to immunization for ZD children / missed communities.
- Strong in-depth working knowledge of the health sector in Nigeria, particularly in the states with the highest numbers of ZD children.
- Experience developing and managing learning strategies, including identifying learning questions and priorities, implementing appropriate MERL methodologies, and promoting evidence use and knowledge translation.
- Outstanding stakeholder engagement skills for inspiring action based on evidence and influencing change, including with clients, government, partners, and consortia.
- Excellent record of people management and management of teams, including of teams based in multiple locations. Previous experience leading a team of highly skilled, multidisciplinary staff to leverage joint management support, and empowering team members to deliver high quality work.
- Experience of risk management including security in the Nigerian context.
- Proven experience in operational planning, budgeting and programme control.
- Experience of working with Gavi and Alliance partners.
Application Closing Date
4th May, 2022.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).
- As an equal opportunity employer, Options Consultancy Services is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage or civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Options Consultancy Services.
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, promote diversity and inclusion, are energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
- For more information, please refer to the Terms of reference
- Job City Nigeria