Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
Under Task Order 46 of the Asia Learning Monitoring and Evaluation (ALME) program, the USAID Regional Development Mission for Asia (RDMA) has requested Social Impact to complete a climate risk analysis in the Pacific Island countries. The Analysis will be used to inform USAID programming in the Pacific Islands. and identify opportunities for increased collaboration with local stakeholders.
SI is seeking an individual to fulfill the role of the Team Leader (TL) for this Climate Risk Analysis. The TL will manage and oversee the research team and all client deliverables. In addition, the TL is responsible for coordinating research activities and ensuring the production and completion of the final report in accordance with the scope of work and work plan timelines. The TL will guide the development of the review, direct data collection and compilation, conduct data analysis, coordinate technical inputs of team members and lead the drafting and completion of a final report. The TL will ensure quality assurance and timeliness of all deliverables, including adherence to SI’s quality assurance standards. The project will begin in late 2021 and is expected to last five to six months. The desk review will be performed remotely, and fieldwork may be required depending on the results of the desk review and feedback received from RDMA.
- Manage a team of local research and climate change specialists.
- In collaboration with research team, design and conduct the climate risk analysis and disseminate the findings, conclusions, and recommendations to USAID/RDMA.
- Maintain clear and regular communication with the research team and HQ support staff, and inform the HQ team of any risks, problems, or challenges in a timely manner.
- Lead the development and finalization of project deliverables, including the work plan, oral presentations, draft report, and final report.
- Travel to the Pacific Islands for fieldwork as needed.
- Master’s degree or higher in climate change, environmental policy, or a closely related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience designing and conducting climate change risk analyses and similar research studies, or eight years of experience with a PhD.
- Knowledge of USAID’s strategic planning process, both broadly and as related to climate change.
- Work experience in the Pacific Island countries.
- Experience coordinating analyses and leading teams.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, writing, and presentation skills.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
How to apply
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To apply for the position, please visit our website: https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA2&cws=1&rid=3902.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.