To lead a consortium in the delivery of a large externally funded contract between Christian Aid and the client donor, FCDO. The five-year programme will work on themes of civic space, empowerment and accountability in Zimbabwe. Total contract value is £17.6m. The Team Leader is responsible for providing leadership and delivery of results for the programme. The post holder is required to ensure programme resources are allocated effectively and in a manner that makes maximum contribution to programme objectives and is compliant with the donor’s and Christian Aid’s requirements. This role will include leading a team with technical input, and ensuring effective management and delivery of the programme and appropriate support for partners. Key deliverables include ensuring quality project and budget management and together with the Head of Programmes, Fund Manager and consortium partners ensuring demonstrable results. They will engage and network with relevant actors in relation to the programme and the contract between the donor and Christian Aid. The post holder with the support of the Zimbabwe Country Director and UK based Head of Service Contracts is responsible for ensuring that the programme is delivered in accordance with the contract.
- Successful programme/contract delivery and compliance, with impact delivered and demonstrated in line with agreed outcomes of the programme and contract.
- Project delivered within budget and funds used for designated purposes
- High quality donor reporting.
- Staff recruited, inducted and managed to perform to a high standard and meeting their objectives.
- Effective planning for sustainability of programme outcomes, delivery of shared learning and close-out of programme
Applied skills/knowledge and expertise Essential
- Proven leadership skills demonstrated through delivery of programmes operating at scale (in excess of £8m)
- Experience of successful empowerment and accountability interventions in comparable contexts
- Proven skills in governance and working politically to influence change, particularly related to anti-corruption.
- Capacity, influence and personal integrity to convene stakeholders and coordinate with other development partner programmes to shape policy implementation.
- Exceptional understanding of the Zimbabwe political economy and access to relevant national networks.
- Experience working closely with national and grassroots civil society organisations and journalists in Zimbabwe or comparable contexts.
- Ability to oversee the measurement and communication of robust results and impact and hold their team and partners accountable for good and timely performance, management of fiduciary risk, attention to Value for Money and continual learning and improvement.
- Significant experience working with donors such as FCDO, World Bank, UN
- Fluent English, spoken and written.
- Knowledgeable about new and innovative ideas and best practice
- Job City Zimbabwe