You will provide technical advice, guidance, and support to a wide range of program design and implementation issues with a focus on larger projects in the area of nutrition in line with Catholic Relief Services
(CRS) program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices to regional and Country Program (CP) teams to advance the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your technical knowledge, advice and guidance will contribute to determining how effective, adaptive and innovative CRS’ nutrition programming is across the globe.
This position is open for international telecommuting and nationals from Ethiopia, Kenya, Sudan, South Sudan, Somalia, Tanzania and Uganda.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision and to work with individuals in diverse geographical and cultural settings.
- Strong strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make so
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
Required Languages – Fluency in English
Travel – 40% travel (within the East Africa region – Sudan, South Sudan, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Uganda, Kenya and Somalia)
Key Working Relationships:
- Collaborate with the DRD/PQ, RD, RFO and DRD/MQ and technical advisors at the regional and global level across the various sectors
- Collaborate with the Country Representatives, the Heads of Programming, and the country Health and Nutrition Program Managers and other country staff.
- Collaborate with members of the Global Health and Social Services Technical Team, in particular Technical Advisors based in the Program Impact and Quality A
- Collaborate with church partners, donors, other NGOs, UN Agencies and local government on health matters.
- Master’s Degree in in public health, nutrition or health-related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant international working experience in an advisory or management role with progressive responsibilities, ideally with an international NGO, with minimum of three years working for programming interventions in nutrition
- Previous experience providing technical assistance and developing successful proposals for external donor funding.
- Demonstrated application of technical principles and concepts in nutrition in both humanitarian and development program contexts and including nutrition sensitive as well as nutrition specific interventions.
- General knowledge of other related disciplines to
e proper cross-sectoral approach.
- Experience in business development, project design and proposal development in health and social services, including technical writing.
- Experience in mentoring, coaching, facilitation and training applying adult learning principles and practices.
- Experience with program monitoring and evaluation, including applying data collection tools and methodologies, data analysis, data presentation and data use for decision making.
- Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, peer organizations, and faith-based and civil society partners. Understanding of partnership principles.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information and budget management systems, knowledge-sharing networks.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principle
s of CRS
and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
� Continuous Improvement & Innovation
� Builds Relationships
� Develops Talent
� Strategic Mindset
� Accountability & Stewardship
*Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
*Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, a
nd responsibilities associated with the position.* Note: All positions requiring residence or frequent travel ou
r home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination. CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm. CRS welcomes candidates from the countries and regions in which we work. In the event the successful candidate is an expatriate or global telecommuter, the anticipated duration of the assignment is informed by a term limit, based on the type and level of the job and the needs of the agency. CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular t
o share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.