Title: Technical Advisor Database Management (DBM)
Reports To: Director, MEL
The Technical Advisor (HI/DB) will assist in the development, implementation and management of the monitoring and evaluation requirements of the ACE project. S/he will oversee the administration and management of ACE’s management information system for routine data, developing and assisting in the analysis of data, providing technical documentation of data and quality assurance of data inputs and outputs, assisting with the presentation of data findings for projects.
· The Technical Advisor (DBM) will support all Monitoring and Evaluation initiatives and data related activities of the project.
· The Technical Advisor (DBM) will oversee the administration, maintenance and management of the management information system for routine data, as well as ensure adherence to the reporting cycle, developing and implementing data security and confidentiality policies.
· S/he will lead and coordinate the design and development of database applications, install developed applications, write application manuals, and train users.
· S/he will coordinate data management issues (e.g., deletion of records, query management, Internet reports), perform backup and recovery of all databases.
· The Technical Advisor (HI/DB) will develop standardized programming, data quality checks, and data documentation procedures relevant to Public Health data systems.
· The Technical Advisor (HI/DB) will monitor and optimize database design, content, structure and other management issues.
· S/he will recommend hardware and software upgrades to the database server as needed.
· The Technical Advisor (HI/DB) will work closely with the Director, Strategic Information in proposing strategies to increase data use and demand amongst program staff and support the program staff on ways to properly organize and capture program progress and document lessons learned.
· Perform other duties relating to the project assigned by the supervisor
· B.Sc. in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
· At least 8 years’ post-NYSC professional experience in health information systems and/or database management.
· Relevant working knowledge of MS SQL Server Administration, District Health Information System (DHIS) Windows NT and Office Administration and Management,
· Experience in relational database design and analysis, SQL and MS Access/Excel programming skills and multiple data visualization options; including the deployment of field based mobile data collection devices (i.e. ODK, CAPI, Kobo toolbox, etc).
· Familiarity with client/server or multi-platform application development, Nigerian public sector health system and/or HIV/AIDS response.
· Advanced knowledge of relational database concepts and skills utilized in creating and maintaining relational databases.
· Solid understanding of basic assumptions of clinical and public health industry practices for data acquisition and quality assurance.
· Knowledge and experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation.
· Attention to detail and accuracy in basic data management, analysis and reporting.
· Demonstrated ability to train and build the capacity of others on databases.
· Cooperative, competent, hardworking, flexible and dependable in a multi-cultural, open office situation;
· Self-motivated and proactive with a positive attitude to work;
· Ability to organize and coordinate information and logistics for programs and activities.
· Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
How to apply
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to email@example.com using “Technical Advisor Database Management (DBM), Abuja” as the subject of the email.
Application Closing date:
Close of Business Tuesday 5th April 2022
· CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
· The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
· Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
· We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
· Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
· Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
· There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
· JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org