Title: Technical Assistant
Type: Fixed-term employment contract
Duration: 3 months
Start date: Asap – 31/08/2022
$1300-$1600 (depending on experience)
Part 1: Task
We are recruiting for a Technical Assistant who can support our education programmes for 3 months, with a specific focus on the Education on Air II project. This person will play a critical role in providing technical support to the development of radio lessons, which will involve, mentoring teachers as scriptwriters and presenters; reviewing, editing and finalizing scripts; supporting the MoGEI script review team; participating in monthly review meetings; rolling out of education on air project at a state level and undertaking all the monitoring & evaluation aspects of the programme. The Technical Assistant will also be responsible for ensuring that by the end of the project there is a library of high-quality radio lessons and that the MoGEI have the capacity and tools to continue delivering high quality radio lessons.
Part 2: Key Responsibilities:
1) Capacity support (20%)
- Train and provide continuous support to scriptwriters
- Train and provide continuous support to radio presenters
- Support radio presenters to rehearse (practice) the lessons before broadcasting
- Participate in monthly review meetings with MoGEI and ensure feedback is incorporated into lessons
- Coordinate the development of radio lessons and provide quality assurance
- Effectively manage relations with key stakeholders, including MoGEI and UNICEF
2) Quality assurance (30%)
- Provide initial review and edit of scripts ensuring they are developed in line with the new syllabus and curriculum and that they incorporate the cross-cutting themes e.g., characters used should be diverse
- Support a technical team that consists of MoGEI curriculum experts to review the scripts and scope and sequence of the radio lessons.
- Finalise scripts, incorporating feedback and get MoGEI approval for them
3) Content management and reporting (20%)
- Prepare the promotional content and lesson introductions of each lesson.
- Coordinate the recording of lessons with the radio stations and radio presenters
- Share the broadcasted scripts and recorded lessons with AET and selected radio stations at the state level.
- Prepare, coordinate reviews, edit, and disseminate project-related reports and documents
4) Monitoring and Evaluation (30%)
- Conduct visits to various states to ensure the education on air project is rolled out to states
- Carryout Field/activities monitoring visits to various states
- Support the development of the project M&E framework and tools
- Liaise with State MoGEI and focal point in each state to select data collectors during endline
- Train State MoGEI data collectors on M&E approach and tools at endline
- Coordinate state level data collection for endline
- Manage data entry and analysis
- Support recruitment of endline evaluation consultant
Part 3: Specifications
Experience and Knowledge
- Previous experience of implementing a distance learning programme in a humanitarian context
- Previous experience of providing technical support to teachers and MoGEI
- Demonstrable experience of building high level relations with stakeholders
- Strong working knowledge of education approaches
- Demonstrable experience of conducting large-scale endline evaluations
Skills and abilities
- Excellent written and spoken communications in English
- Excellent relationship building skills, with an ability to navigate both national and international stakeholders.
- Technical understanding of education programmes in humanitarian contexts
- A ‘can-do’, and agile attitude, a passion for problem solving and adaptative thinking.
- Ability to skillfully balance independent working with wider teamwork
- Able and willing to travel regularly, sometimes in insecure environments
- Must be available to start work immediately
- South Sudanese national
· Educated to degree level or higher in Education related field;
- South Sudanese National
Please submit a CV and cover letter demonstrating your past experiences to email@example.com by 5th June 2022.
AET’s commitment to Safeguarding
AET is committed to the safeguarding and protection of the communities we serve, our partners, our volunteers, and our staff.
As part of this commitment to safeguarding, all offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate background checks, including a Criminal Records Check. AET also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
- Job City Juba