Technical Director, Zambia Integrated Health Activity
Pact is an international nonprofit that works in nearly 40 countries building solutions for human development that are evidence-based, data-driven and owned by the communities we serve. Founded in 1971, Pact works with partners to build resilience, improve accountability, and strengthen knowledge and skills for sustainable social impact.
Programs – Pact strives for a world where all people are heard, capable, and vibrant. The Programs Team helps realize this objective by bridging program management, technical support, and business development, enabling Pact to achieve its global strategy. We ensure program excellence through continuous learning, monitoring and evaluation and provide organizational and industry-wide thought leadership by leveraging a complementary set of cross-functional, multi-disciplinary skills, expertise, and experiences. The Programs team: influences progressive change through the development and implementation of global and regional strategies and business plans; supports advancement of innovative solutions; pursues new business opportunities; and drives effective internal and external engagement to maximize Pact’s impact across the globe. Across all aspects of its role, the Programs Department adheres to and promotes a culture of inclusion, accountability, and respect.
Pact seeks an experienced Technical Director (Clinical Services) for the anticipated upcoming USAID/Zambia Integrated Health Activity (ZIHA). USAID/Zambia intends to award a $120M contract to support the USAID and PEPFAR objectives of 95/95/95, and to provide service delivery and technical assistance to improve MNCH and FP/RH services. ZIHA will improve, sustain, and further integrate HIV/AIDS, MNCH and FP/RH services at the health facility and community levels and ensure that client-centered, high-impact, high-quality services are available to Zambians. This is anticipated to be a five-year activity. This position is contingent upon award and is anticipated to be based in Lusaka.
- Provide technical leadership in the coordination and supervision of implementation of high-quality HIV and TB/HIV integrated services.
- For clinical services, manage all technical staff and ensure responsiveness, innovation, and effective collaboration for all integrated HIV and TB/HIV activities.
- Lead the design and delivery of high-impact HIV/MNCH/FP/RH interventions in collaboration with key national and regional stakeholders, ensuring adherence to internationally endorsed and recognized guidance on HIV/MNCH/FP/RH services.
- Supervise, coach, and mentor a team of technical personnel, ensuring they support the project’s overall strategic approach, its integration into the M&E plans, and its coordination throughout all levels of the Government of Zambia.
- Monitor implementation of activities to ensure timely completion of objectives and targets.
- Lead the development of annual workplans activities in collaboration with project staff, USAID, and MOH and ensure successful implementation of planned activities through continuous coordination with key stakeholders.
- Develop contractual deliverables (quarterly, annual, field project evaluations, etc.) in conjunction with other key staff and external evaluators.
- Work closely with project staff and implementing partners to identify, document, and disseminate best practices.
- Develop and present papers at local, regional, and international forums to share experiences and best practices developed through project activities.
- Assist the Chief of Party with all aspects of project operations including technical oversight, human resources, recruiting and training staff, and developing an experienced team with distinct roles and responsibilities.
- Graduate degree or higher in medicine (MD/DO), nursing, or other clinical specialty plus graduate degree or higher in public or global health, international development, or relevant field such as medicine, public health, health system management, social administration, or social sciences.
- A minimum of 8 years’ progressive leadership and experience in clinical services, health administration, or program management for large-scale, complex, international development assistance programs is required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing diverse teams of professional staff is required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working directly with clients/patients in a clinical setting is required.
- Experience in Southern Africa preferred, preferably in Zambia.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively and collaboratively with a broad range of senior and mid-level public and private sector counterparts, donors, and other key stakeholders.
- Experience supervising technical staff in the implementation of integrated health programming.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and English language oral presentation skills.
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving and consensus building.
- Ability to travel within Zambia and occasionally internationally when health and safety concerns regarding COVID-19 diminish.
- Previous experience working on USG-funded health programming in Zambia.
- Experience managing complex integrated HIV/RMNCH/FP services projects within a non-profit organization in a developing country context.
- Experience designing or implementing gender- or youth-sensitive health programming.
- Knowledge of the political, social, and economic context of Zambia
- Zambian nationals are encouraged to apply.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
How to apply
Please click hereto apply for this position.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Strategic Information Management Director, Zambia Integrated Health Activity at Pact
- Chief of Party, Zambia Integrated Health Activity at Pact
- Senior Technical Advisor – Health Systems Strengthening, Zambia Integrated Health Activity at Pact
- Call for Specialists at Solina Group
- Communications and Development Officer (Entry Level) at Ghana Health and Education Initiative