Amref Health Africa was founded in 1957 and has since grown to become the largest African-based international health development organisation. Currently, Amref implements more than 120 programmes across 35 countries and directly reaching more than 12 million people annually. Headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, Amref Health Africa has offices in nine African countries namely – Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, Uganda, South Africa, Senegal, South Sudan, and Zambia. Additionally, there are eleven advocacy and fundraising offices across Europe and North America.
With the bold vision of catalysing “Lasting health change in Africa”, the organisation prioritises transformation aimed at bridging the gap between communities’ needs and the rest of the health system. The organisation’s mission is to increase sustainable health services through innovative solutions in training, quality service delivery, and health financing. To catalyse desired change, Amref deploys a series of process-based and cross cutting drivers namely advocacy and policy, research, innovation, youth, diversity and inclusion.
To deepen, expand, and accelerate its impact, Amref is seeking part time Technical Experts to work with its thematic technical teams (organised as communities of practice). Through this engagement, it is expected that Amref will achieve technical excellence, growth, and deeper impact across Africa.
Scope of Work and Deliverables
The Technical Expert will provide support covering the following scope;
- Strengthen Amref’s staff and partner capacity in NTDs interventions
- Thought leadership on elimination of selected NTDs in Africa
- New programmes on NTDs such as snake bites and onchocerciasis
- Amref gets into new coalitions and networks in the field of NTDs
- Recognised expert with ability to engage effectively and shape dialogue in global, regional, and national fora on NTDs.
- Demonstrable ability in designing NTD-related scientific studies, policy briefs, and investment cases.
- Excellent understanding of the development financing landscape and emerging issues in relation to NTDs
- Master’s degree in Medicine/Public Health (PhD Preferred) or relevant background. The candidate should have demonstrable experience working across health and education sectors and/or with a health system strengthening.
How to apply
Interested? Please visit our website https://amref.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/Lot-7.-Technical-Expert-NTDs.pdf to view the Terms of Reference. Bid documents must be submitted to EOI@amref.org and to be received on or before Wednesday May 04, 2022 at 12:00 noon (EAT). Late tenders will be rejected. Only shortlisted bidders will be contacted.