Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health programs, education, research, and livelihood initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi is an allied organization to Family Health International (FHI360) with co-existing and mutually supportive interest in advancing the collective goals of the people and communities served.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer – Procurement, Supply Chain Management & Logistics
- Under the supervision of the STO-HSS/CD, the TO-PSML will assist in the development of AHNi in-house capacity development among the various departments, implementing agencies (IAs) and in all aspects of logistics and supply chain management of health commodities.
- S/he will provide technical support and leadership to Nigeria’s efforts to strengthen the procurement and supply chain management system of health commodities using evidence-based data from the Logistics Management Information System, to reduce stock-outs, lower costs and eliminate wastage.
- Provide technical support to facility focal persons in logistics to ensure completeness, accuracy and timeliness of LMIS reports.
- Support facilities to maintain excellent inventory of commodities, ensuring proper documentation of expired commodities, separated from useable ones.
- Periodically support the health facilities to carry out stock audit exercise to ensure accountability and transparency.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- B.Sc in Laboratory Sciences, Biological Science, Pharmacy or related Degree with 4-6 years post-national youth service experience with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in provision of logistics support for HIV/AIDS
- Sound understanding of HIV/AIDS technical areas
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs highly desirable.
Application Closing Date
14th October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a suitability statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNI-PSMJobs@ahnigeria.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the JOB TITLE and LOCATION clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview.]
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Security Officer at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
- Project Drivers at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) – 5 Openings
- Senior Finance & Administrative Officer at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
- Director of Finance and Administration – Tanzania at FHI 360
- Social Media Manager at the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)