Position: Technical Service Optimizer
Position Reports To: Senior program manager
Positions Location: Abuja Office
Summary Scope of Work:
The adhoc will support RISE team to ensure sustainable, high quality and efficient program management and contribute to HTS, CECAP, Demand generation technical support provided to RISE state and Country office program. With supervision and guidance from the RISE senior program manager and the adhoc staff will monitor daily and weekly achievements, collate, analyze and write report of daily achievement and contribute to program efficiencies
The Program adhoc will be responsible for supporting the implementation of RISE program with oversight from supervisor, advisors and other RISE leadership
Key responsibilities include:
• Provide support to RISE program with focus on program management, demand generation, CECAP and PrEP implementation
• Support the implementation of the technical program, which includes but is not limited to supporting the design and implementation of project activities;
• Collect and manage relevant national and sub-national data including drafting data collection tools, leading data collection, managing and analyzing data sets, synthesizing analyses from data to support decision making;
• Conduct operational assessments and gap analyses to inform program implementation design and decision making at national and sub-national levels;
• Support monitoring of project progress including preparing periodic reports and/or presentations on areas of focus while closely maintaining deadlines;
• Maintain excellent working relationships with relevant national, provincial, district and facility staff;
• Perform any other duties as assigned by leadership
• Monitor, collate and analyze technical data and program data, management efforts, compile and report accordingly
• Manage RISE adhoc accountability matrix and volunteer database
• Prepare and process relevant program documents as necessary
Required Qualifications/ Experience
• Bachelor degree (preferred) Health/Social sciences, Public health or its equivalent experience with a formal qualification.
• Minimum of 1 year experience working with an international and or local NGO
• 1 year experience in program/project management
• Strong reporting and data analytic skills required
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities:
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines
• Strong analytical skills; ability to process and interpret data trends
• Initiative and ability to identify needs, especially in a busy environment
• Ability to work under tight deadlines.
• Excellent people skills.
• Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to work effectively in teams, adapt and integrate easily with the team,
• Ability to effectively apply their knowledge and skills to the job, and to consistently learn and improve performance.
• Ability to innovate and find new ways of working and improving results
• Ability to take ownership of assigned responsibilities, to be productive, fulfill commitments and use resources responsibly.
• Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision
How to apply
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using the position title and location as the subject of the email. Eg. “Technical Service Optimizer, Abuja”
· CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
· The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
· Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
· Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
· We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
· Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
· Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
· There will be travel requirements and opportunities within Nigeria.
· JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org