Chemonics seeks a technical specialist for the anticipated USAID’s Markets for Sanitation Activityin Ethiopia. The $25-50 million, five-year project will aim to improve markets for sanitation by strengthening the market for sanitation products and services, strengthening sanitation governance capacity at the national and sub-national levels, increasing access to sanitation financing, and increasing the knowledge base to bring innovation to scale.
The Technical Specialist will be responsible for leading technical activities in one or more of the project objective areas. This will include building and maintaining effective working relationships with counterparts, services providers, and key stakeholders within the respective objective area. The Technical Specialist will be expected to lead in developing, refining and implementing technical assistance and ensuring the project and counterparts have the tools needed to make evidence-based decisions.
Candidates should possess technical working experience in WASH, specifically, sanitation, experience within the private sector, and/or experience with market-based approaches to programming. We anticipate that the Technical Specialist will be based in Addis Ababa.
Chemonics International Inc. is a US-based international development consulting company, operating in over 95 countries. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise in designing and managing appropriate and effective program-level interventions and executing sustainable business models for increasing demand and supply of sanitation products and services, including continuing research on existing markets and barriers to growth
- Support and advise colleagues on market sanitation activities and efforts across all objectives, ensuring quality and consistency
- Support and advise colleagues on activity-level monitoring and evaluation efforts, ensuring quality and consistency across efforts
- Supervise and mentor staff
- Contribute significantly to the development and execution of the overall project strategy, work plan, technical reports, knowledge management products, and MEL reporting to achieve project results
- Represent the project at technical meetings, conferences, and workshops, as appropriate and directed by the chief of party
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant technical working experience in WASH or other related fields, preferably in donor-funded programming, with demonstrated progression of responsibility increasing over time
- Technical work experience in WASH and experience within the private sector
- Proven record of building teams and fostering collaboration to achieve program goals, meet program milestones, and produce quality program results
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills required, proficiency in Amharic highly preferred
- Ethiopian nationals encouraged to apply
- This role is expected to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and it is anticipated that there will be significant in-country travel
How to apply
Please apply by using this link. Applications must be submitted by January 5, 2023. Early applications encouraged. No telephone inquiries, please.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Nutrition and Child Health Expert at Idmibok International
- Coordinateur.ice admini/finances/RH at Croix-Rouge Française
- Technical Director at SoCha LLC
- Project Coordinator Assistant at Medecins Sans Frontieres – Switzerland
- Systems Analyst II at Family Health International (FHI 360)