Position: Technical Strategy and Business Development Advisor
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing Heath challenges.
The Africa Division leverages its internal and global expertise to drive transformative and innovative practices that reflect the African context. By mobilizing our talent within the region and working with our global teams, we take innovation to scale by working alongside our Ministries of Health to reduce health disparities. With the potential for expansion to new countries, the Africa division currently works across seven country offices and three project offices distributed among four hubs—Central, East, Southern, and West Africa.
PATH is recruiting a Technical Strategy and Business Development Advisor to oversee positioning and proposal development for the Central Africa regional hub. This position will report to the Africa Regional Director of Technical Strategy and Business Development and the Central Africa Regional Hub Director will drive the implementation of the division’s strategic planning and business development initiatives in Central Africa. This position will be based in Kinshasa, DR Congo.
This position will work with Central Africa country teams to champion engagement strategies for priority donors and strategic partners while building PATH’s reputation and brand in the region. Working closely with country leadership, they will identify and manage a multi-year pipeline of bilateral, multilateral, foundation, and private funding opportunities. Successful candidates will have a public health background, existing networks and connections with Ministries of Health, public and private donors, and local and international organizations, including USAID, as well as be personally motivated to carry out PATH’s mission.
Lead Technical Strategy Efforts (40%)
- Represent PATH Central Africa programs on project teams, task forces, and technical meetings with internal and external partners.
- Conduct technical due diligence of proposals, donor reports, and progress reports.
- Liaise with donors and government leaders to ensure buy-in and effective implementation of regional technical strategies.
- Identify best practices and country priorities and support the introduction and scale-up of innovative technical interventions.
Develop and Execute Donor and Partner Engagement Strategies (25%)
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with public and private donors, including USAID, CDC, multi-laterals, foundations, and the private sector, and key stakeholders in Ministries of Health by:
- Sharing information on PATH’s regional global health efforts.
- Attending meetings and networking events (e.g., country health strategy meetings, relevant bidders’ meetings, donor consultations, etc.).
- Maintaining outreach with international and local NGOs as well as private sector firms to facilitate partnerships for program development opportunities.
- Maintain data and strategic information in Salesforce, providing regular updates to leadership to reflect the evolving relationships and funding opportunities.
Pipeline and Proposal Management (25%)
- Develop and manage a multi-year pipeline of regional public and private funding opportunities to ensure consistent achievement of revenue goals.
- Shepherd specific opportunities through go/no-go decision-making processes.
- Support development of sound, responsive, and compelling proposals.
- Work with PATH Communications and country teams to develop and customize marketing materials, pitch presentations, and concept notes.
- Research sector trends and conduct virtual and in-person networking.
Knowledge Management and Proposal Improvement (10%)
- Support building a roster of regional key personnel (technical and non-technical) candidates and proposal consultants.
- A master’s degree in public health or any advanced finance and administration related field.
- 8 years relevant work experience with International NGO(s) or similar
- Familiarity with donors such as USAID, World Bank, Global Fund, Gavi, CDC Atlanta is an advantage.
- Excellent diligence and possess sound technical skills.
- Familiarity with USAID procedures, rules, and regulations
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Analytical approach to work, critical thinking skills, creative and initiative.
- Sound planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Professional accountancy training – ACCA or equivalent – is an advantage.
- Knowledgeable in Business World and Salesforce application is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including word and excel.
Must have legal authorization to work in DRC.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment.
PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers. *
Please be advised:
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Apply through the following: https://path.silkroad.com/
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Operation Assistant (Document Verification) Team Leader at International Organization for Migration
- Youth Technical Advisor II, New Business Development Unit at International Research and Exchanges Board
- Operation Assistant (Document Verification) Team Leader at INTERSOS
- Country Director at Trócaire
- Safety Advisor – Mobile at International NGO Safety Organisation