Acumen was incorporated on April 1, 2001, with seed capital from the Rockefeller Foundation, Cisco Systems Foundation and three individual philanthropists. Our desire was to transform the world of philanthropy by looking at all human beings as members of a single, global community where everyone had the opportunity to build a life of dignity. Acumen is changing the way the world tackles poverty by investing in companies, leaders, and ideas. We invest patient capital in businesses whose products and services help people living in poverty to transform their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Team Lead
Location: Lagos (Remote)
About Acumen Academy
- Acumen Academy is the world’s school for social change. We aim to unleash a new generation of social innovators and leaders with the character and competence to build a more just, inclusive and sustainable world.
- Anyone with an internet connection, anywhere in the world, can access the practical tools, practices, resources and supportive community they need to achieve positive social change. With 1,000 Fellows and Accelerator alumni, and 1.2million course sign-ups from 193 countries, the Acumen Academy community represents a new generation of social innovators and leaders committed to doing what’s right in a world that loves easy.
- Acumen is looking for a Technical team lead with 5 – 7 years of experience, located in Kenya or Nigeria, to manage a team of backend and frontend engineers, and the tech stack they operate within, towards delivering best of class experiences to 700,000+ students in 193 countries.
About the Role
- You are a Tech Lead excited to manage a team of backend and frontend engineers, and the tech stack they operate within, towards delivering best of class experiences to 700,000+ students in 193 countries.
- Working alongside the Head of Growth Marketing, you’ll iteratively improve all client-facing touch points ensuring world-class user experiences that facilitate and promote the overall health and growth of Acumen Academy, its community and products.
- Manage team of backend and frontend engineers
- Lead daily standups
- Prioritize tasks for developers
- Provide support and guidance to developers, assist with problem-solving.
- Provide scope/schedule guidance to business stakeholders
- Be responsive to occasional customer support help desk escalations
- Be responsive to senior organizational stakeholders; align technology roadmap with organizational business goals
- Provide support and guidance to QA/Testing teams
- Partner with marketing and community stakeholders to optimize user experience
Skills and Qualifications
- 5 – 7 years of experience managing tech stacks and teams
- At least 3 years of experience managing DevOps and or AppSec programs
- At least 2 year of experience managing some flavor of Cloud systems, preferably Google Cloud Platform
- Systems design experience and are able to speak in detail to common patterns and paradigms such as MVC, Microservice architecture, monolithic etc …
- Advance level knowledge of CICD pipelines.
- Advance level knowledge of Node.js.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, certification is preferred
- Working knowledge of Hubspot CMS
- Working knowledge of React.js or are willing to learn
- Working knowledge of PHP or are willing to learn enough to manage our SSO services
- Self reflective and aligned with Acumen values
- Permanently authorized to work in Nigeria or Kenya
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed and interviews scheduled on a rolling basis.