Company and Project Background:
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, and in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action—helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future. As a global organization with programs in over 40 countries, we focus much of our advocacy on influencing governments, multi-lateral institutions as well as foundations, and the private sector to improve relevant policies, practices, and decisions to better help vulnerable communities lift themselves out of poverty.
Mercy Corps’ AgriFin Digital Farmer (ADF II) program will work to reach five million smallholder farmers across Kenya, Tanzania, Ethiopia, and Nigeria – 40% of whom are women – living on less than $2.00 per day, who will utilize DFS and/or DIS as a result of this project. In partnership with Bill and Melinda Gates and Bayer Foundations, ADF 2 seeks to support the expansion of digitally enabled services to 5 million smallholder farmers, delivered by growing ecosystems of diverse service providers and building farmer income, productivity, and resilience by 50% while reaching 40% women. ADF II will continue to target farmers who work across a wide variety of crop, livestock, and fish value chains, most of whom have diversified production systems growing multiple crops for both home consumption and sale. The program is expected to positively impact farmers and direct partners providing services to farmers and ecosystem actors adopting learnings from program activities. Results and learning from this body of work can be found on the www.mercycorpsagrifin.org website.
Purpose of the engagement:
The purpose of this assignment is to engage a Technical Writing Consultant to support the development of a concept note and logical framework for an ongoing project on digital financial inclusion for women in East Africa.
Under the direction of the AgriFin Program Director, the consultant will be responsible for the following key activities:
- Support the development of high-quality concept note narratives based on the guidelines outlined.
- Develop a logical framework for the execution of the project against set activities and outcomes.
- Conduct a literary review of required content focused on digital financial inclusion for women.
- Contribute to and update relevant sections of the concept note based on feedback from working group members.
This project implementation shall be fully consultative with key stakeholders and in close coordination with the AgriFin program.
Deliverables and Timelines:
The consultant will be expected to accomplish the project within 5 billable days during the period running fromNovember 1st, 2022until January 31st, 2023.
The consultancy is a continuation of providing the AgriFin Program with the following deliverables, with specific timelines to be agreed upon in the approved consultant Workplan and the deliverable will be the development of a Concept note for the Financial Services for the Poor (FSP) partnership.
- Demonstrated experience with research on digital financial services solutions.
- Masters in economics and/or related social sciences required.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills in English, including report development, writing, and editing.
- Expertise in proposal writing.
How to apply
Please send your identification document, tax registration certificate, cover letter, proposed daily rate in Kenya shillings, and resume to the email address; firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 28 October 2022 EAT.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Finance & Grants Manager – Education Consortium at Save the Children
- Chief of Party Sr – JEOP, Ethiopia at Catholic Relief Services
- Head of Office at Catholic Relief Services
- Senior Migration Health Nurse at International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Migration Health Nurse at International Organization for Migration (IOM)