TERMS OF REFERENCE: CREATIVE AGENCY FOR NIGERIAN LEG OF THE FACEBOOK COVID CAMPAIGN
Who We Are
Girl Effect is an international non-profit that builds media that girls want, trust and need.
From chatbots to chat shows and TV dramas to tech, our content helps adolescent girls in Africa and Asia make choices and changes in their lives, igniting their confidence to act differently at a time that can define their future.
Our reach is 20 million and counting. And we’re using technology to reach girls at scale so every girl can choose to be in control of her body, her health, her learning and her livelihood.
Because when a girl unlocks her power to make different choices that change her life, it inspires others to do so too. She starts a ripple effect that impacts her family, her community, her country.
That’s the Girl Effect.
About our COVID Partnership and Campaigns with Facebook
Girl Effect has been selected as a Global Health Partner in Facebook’s ongoing efforts to prevent the spread of COVID and promote vaccines and routine immunizations. Using our youth brands in India, Kenya, Rwanda, Nigeria, and South Africa, we ran campaigns throughout June and July, providing adolescent girls with engaging and trustworthy health information related to Covid, vaccines and other health-seeking behaviours.
We are now preparing to run the second phase of the campaigns.
Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO)
Digital Communications Officer at ActionAid International
Compliance Director at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
Senior Technical Officer – Prevention, Care & Treatment at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
WHE Team Lead at World Health Organization (WHO)
Field Coordinator at World Health Organization (WHO)
Field Security Officer at World Health Organization (WHO)
Regional Marketing Officer, SSA (Exams and Cultural Engagement) at British Council
Senior Technical Advisor, HIV Prevention at Pathfinder International
Associate Director, Pharmaceutical Care and Supply Chain Management at Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO)
Context of Assignment
In our first Nigerian campaign, we learnt that there is a lot of resistance to Covid-related messaging in the country and, consequently, that promoting the uptake of the vaccine will be very challenging.
For the second campaign, we, therefore, want to engage deeply with the audience through comments or DMs to promote a healthy dialogue around COVID. We intend to use the same creative assets in two parallel campaigns, testing different moderation and engagement techniques to understand how they affect campaign outcomes.
Girl Effect is looking for an agency and/or consultant/s to drive creative development, production, promotion and moderation. The agency is not expected to have AdOps or moderation capabilities sitting in-house full-time, but they would be required to recruit and manage the necessary resources for the duration of the campaign.
- Creative Development and Production of campaign assets (expected 15-20 posts in total)
- Content Moderation: tracking and engagement with comments and content interactions to promote dialogue and dissemination of information
- Recruitment of a Health Expert who can advise on bespoke, informed responses to campaign engagements when required
- Content Promotion – ability to promote the content, using the ad credits provided, to the audience pre-defined by Girl Effect
Expected Time Commitment:
4 Months in total
(ie. two months of development and production, two months of campaign execution and moderation)
July and August 2021 (campaign development and content production)
September – October 2021 (non-moderated campaign to run)
September – October 2021 (moderated campaign to run)
Who You Are
- A creative agency with experience in social media campaign production and management
- You have a proven ability to create compelling and engaging formats that deliver clear messages and CTAs
- Experience with working on youth brands
- Experience in creating and promoting health-related content is a bonus
- Experience with Facebook ads and ability to optimise and promote the content to the right audience
- Moderation experience and capacity: Access to a team of qualified and experienced moderators who can moderate the comments and DMs that we receive on the content
Qualified firms/individuals are invited to submit a short proposal (5-10 pages max) that includes the following:
- Qualification and experience of firm/individual
- Approach for undertaking this Assignment underpinned by a demonstration of value for money
- Previous experience in the similar assignment(s) in line with the ‘Who You Are’ section above (relevant case studies/creds deck/campaigns)
- A financial budget (in USD) and work plan. N.B. The technical and financial proposals will need to be submitted as separate documents
- Moderation expertise/examples of past work
- Access to health expert(s)
The agency will report to Girl Effect’s Global Create Team
The criteria against which proposals will be evaluated are listed below:
- Experience in online moderation and engaging with the audience through comments and DM
- Access to health experts who can be called upon for interaction and engagement
- Demonstrates relevant experience in creative conception and ideation for youth audiences through case studies or ‘creds deck’ in proposal submission (10 points)
- Gives a clear outline of approach and ways of working during creative conception (10 points)
- Ability to produce campaign content, as well as develop ideas (15 points)
- Demonstrates expertise with Facebook ads (10 points)
- Team composition and structure (Qualification and relevant experience of key personnel)
- Demonstrates value for money and/or ability to allocate or secure pro-bono resources in financial proposal/budget (15 points)
GE is not liable for any cost incurred during the preparation, submission, or negotiation of the award/contract. All submitted documentation and/or materials shall become and remain the property of GE.
Applicants are advised to ensure that they have a clear understanding of their tax position with regards to provisions of the UK jurisdiction tax legislation when developing their proposals.
GE reserves the right to determine the structure of the process, number of short-listed participants, the right to withdraw from the proposal process, the right to change this timetable at any time without notice and reserves the right to withdraw this tender at any time, without prior notice and without liability to compensate and/or reimburse any party. GE shall inform the ONLY successful applicant(s). The process of negotiation and signing of the contract with the successful applicant(s) will follow.
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity please submit a proposal by email with the subject line “Towards Covid Facebook Project 2021 – Nigeria” to email@example.com by 25th July 2021
You might Also Like
Programme Policy Officer (School Feeding) CST-I (Mogadishu & Garowe) at World Food Programme
Deputy Nutrition Cluster Coordinator, Consultant (Level II), Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer AAP (Accountability to Affected Populations) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Joint Resilience Programme Coordinator) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Social Protection) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Food Systems) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Partnership) – NOA at World Food Programme
Communications Officer at Mercy Corps
Subaward & Compliance Officer at Mercy Corps