Terms of Reference for ActionAid International Kenya Website Maintenance
Context: ActionAid and Theory of Change
ActionAid International Kenya (AAIK) is a member of the ActionAid Federation. ActionAid works in more than 43 countries all over the world, in the places where we can make the most significant impact. We tackle poverty and denial of human rights at the local level, and we challenge the causes behind them locally, nationally, and globally.
In Kenya, AAIK works in solidarity with women and people living in poverty and exclusion, connecting their voices, sharing ideas, spreading inspiration, campaigning, advocating, and influencing public policy to eradicate poverty and ensure social justice. ActionAid International Kenya has a presence in 23 counties in Kenya. Since 1972, AAIK has worked through Partnerships to build the capacity of women living in poverty and exclusion and their institutions and solidarity groups, to challenge rights violations but with staff at the forefront.
ActionAid believes that social justice can be achieved through purposeful individual and collective action to shift unequal and unjust power, whether hidden, visible, or invisible, from the household level to local, national, and international levels. Active and organized people develop and drive change, which will transform power when led by those who are directly affected by poverty and injustice. Women, particularly those living in poverty and exclusion who pay the highest price of unjust and patriarchal societies, must play a central role as change agents. Young people are critical drivers of change.
The objective of the Consultancy
ActionAid International Kenya seeks to contract a website developer from a qualified and reputable firm to provide technical support in maintaining the ActionAid International Kenya Website.
Scope of Work
- Scan for Vulnerabilities – Check for spam that may have surpassed filters.
- Repairs and Fixes – Checking for errors, bugs, and broken links.
- Browser Compatibility Testing – Ensure that all aspects of AAIK website are functioning correctly in the most common browsers.
- Software Update – Includes the content management system, its themes, and plugins. Also, upgrade of non-critical software if they are worth applying.
- Website Backups – Ensuring that website backups are performed every week.
- Site Speed – Ensuring that the AAIK website’s speed is above per.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – Identify the issues which are affecting the ranking of the AAIK website.
- Analytics – Through the Google Analytics dashboard, check the crucial metrics of the AAIK site and the trends in those key metrics.
- Functionality – Check all the essential functions like filling up signing, contact, and checkout forms to ensure everything works smoothly.
- Website Content – Regularly review of content, correct mistakes, and upload new information with targeted words in a fresh style.
1. A University degree in computer science/ IT or any other related qualification
2. Demonstrated hands-on work with Graphics and images
3. Previous experience in websites for charities, NGOs, or campaigning organizations.
4. Experience using web analytics platforms (preferably Google Analytics), with the degree of proficiency required to run reports.
5. Experience working with various Content Management Systems (including Drupal).
6. Experience managing a ticket-based maintenance backlog for website development.
7. Experience in developing in-depth audience insights and flexible tools to respond to engagement opportunities.
8. Experience managing websites with multiple functionalities – e.g., fundraising, supporter engagement, and policy informing.
Key Essential skills:
1. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate innovative practices.
2. Excellent project management skills and the ability to initiate, coordinate and deliver on the web and online campaign and engagement projects that involve several other parties.
3. Multi-tasking – hands-on working in a charity with limited resources.
4. Ability to identify and troubleshoot problems.
5. Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to quickly develop effective working relationships with a diverse stakeholder group.
6. Energetic, enthusiastic, and interested in learning within a diverse work environment and firmly committed to developing, promoting, and practicing AAIK’s vision, mission, values & strategy on human rights and social justice.
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English 3
Duration of the consultancy
The duration of this consultancy is expected to take a period of 12 months with an option of renewal. Payment will be made on a quarterly basis on provision of a report and an invoice.
Mode of Application
If you have the required qualifications and are interested in this contract, please submit:
• A proposal describing the previous work done in this area.
• A portfolio of previous work of websites with similar functionalities.
• Curriculum Vitae.
• Financial proposal.
How to apply
Applications will be submitted via email to Procurement.Kenya@actionaid.org and copy Agnes.Musau@actionaid.org on or before 14th April 2023.
For any clarifications, please get in touch with those mentioned above.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Responsable Finance Pays – Bangui at
- Regional Coordinator, Health Security, Epidemic Preparedness and Response at International Federation of Red Cross And Red Crescent Societies
- Child Protection Extender at CTG
- République Centrafricaine : Responsable Sécurité Pays – Bangui at ACTED
- M&E/Program Officer at Jhpiego