Reference Number: HIHEA/036-2022/EXEC
Task: Organizational Risk Management
Type of Contract: Consultancy
Type of Selection: Firm Selection Only
Duration of the Contract: 30 days
Proposals submission close on: 8th September, 2022
ABOUT HAND IN HAND EASTERN AFRICA
Hand in Hand Eastern Africa (HiH EA) is a registered Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) in Kenya and Tanzania and is part of the Hand in Hand global network.
The organization commenced operations in Kenya in October 2010 and is currently operating 25 branches serving 33 counties in Kenya. The organization works with marginalized communities in the areas of economic and social empowerment using a participatory approach aimed at helping people fight poverty and vulnerability.
The Hand in Hand enterprise and job creation approach is based on a philosophy of self-help, providing training, skills and support to enable people living in poverty, particularly women, to build and sustain independent, market-based, economic activities.
VISION – An empowered society with sustainable enterprises and jobs.
MISSION – To facilitate communities out of poverty through creation of sustainable enterprises.
The HiH EA enterprise development model is premised on the need to create sustainable income generating activities by addressing major challenges facing many small-scale farmers/entrepreneurs. The Hand in Hand approach sees job creation as a highly effective development tool where micro-entrepreneurs are key drivers for economic growth and poverty reduction. The model supports job creation via four interlinked components i.e.
- Self Help Group Mobilization
- Business training, saving and access to credit
- Value addition
- Market linkage and availability
OBJECTIVE OF ORGANIZATIONAL RISK ASSESSMENT
The risk assessment exercise is aimed at improving risk management processes within the organization, its governance processes and internal control system so as to effectively execute its mandate.
Specifically, the main objectives of this exercise are:
- Outline the strengths and weaknesses of HiH EA’s organizational, strategic and operational structures and processes.
- Evaluate the level of HiH EA’s organizational skills and capacity to support HiH EA’s expansion both in Kenya and across Eastern Africa, and ability to reach set targets.
- Assist in the identification and assessment of significant risks, which may affect HiH EA’s organizational performance today and in the future. This will cover the full spectrum of risks such as strategic risks, reputational risk, regulatory compliance risks, financial risks, projects risks, business process risk, technology and systems risk, human resource management risks, and business continuity risks;
- Rank or evaluate the risks;
- Propose suitable risk mitigation measures;
- Document the identified risks in a risk register;
- Design and implement practical tools and techniques for risk management (key risk indicators, incident management, risk quantification, compliance, and action point tracking and monitoring and reporting).
- Develop and document strategies aimed at reducing risk to acceptable level.
- Successful performance of this assignment will be based on production and timely submission to HiH EA of the following deliverables within 4 weeks:
- Inception report, completed within two weeks of commencement of assignment.
- Facilitate a one day dissemination and action planning workshop with management based on the risk assessment
- Draft report presented to the Finance, ICT Audit and Risk Committee within four weeks of commencement of the assignment.
- Final report.
- Consultants are expected to provide a clear work plan depending on their interpretation of these terms of reference.
CONSULTANT’S SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- HiH EA is looking for a team of consultants with the following skills and experience:
- Experience in conducting and facilitating similar risks assessments with international NGOs
- At least five (5) years relevant auditing or consulting experience in conducting organizational reviews and/or risk assessments;
- Experience of operations and/or evaluations in Eastern Africa;
- Strong research and analytical skills, including on data collection and analysis tools;
- Solid project management and implementation experience;
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Swahili, and ability to interact with beneficiary groups.
- Strong understanding of cyber security vulnerability assessment.
How to apply
SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS
Consultants are invited to submit proposals, comprising of a technical proposal, financial proposal with clear cost projection, methodology plan, work plan and CVs for the suggested work team. Deadline for submission of proposals is Friday 8th September 2022. These should be submitted over email to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Hand in Hand Eastern Africa please visit our website www.handinhandea.org
HIH EA does NOT condone any form of corrupt practices. Please report complaints via toll free number 0800721347
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
- Coordinateur Médical (h/f/x) at Médecins du Monde – Belgique
- Senior Program Officer, Mali at World Vision
- Manager, Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) at Concern Worldwide
- Deputy Country Director, South Sudan at Samaritan’s Purse