Terms of Reference for Development of Training Manual on Building Business Skills and Entrepreneurship
Project Title: Emerge Karamoja – Building business skills and entrepreneurship in rural Nakapiripirit district
The EMERGE Nakapiripirit focuses on the development, adaptation and roll-out the livelihoods and entrepreneurship sub-component of ACTED’s EMERGE model. EMERGE is one of the three pillars of ACTED’s global THRIVE (Towards Holistic Resilience in Vulnerable Environments’) initiative, which ACTED has developed to contribute to long-term rural community resilience in arid and semi-arid environments, such as Karamoja. THRIVE aims to integrate ecosystems, livelihoods, markets, social cohesion and grassroots governance in vulnerable environments and offers a sustainable approach to support the regeneration of ecosystems through a sequenced, layered and integrated initiative that is community based and tailored to each specific context and location. The EMERGE Nakapiripirit project aims.
Overall objective: To improve post-harvest handling and knowledge of agriculture-related market systems from household level to producer group and cooperative level as well as local government structures
- Project Inception
- Needs assessment and curriculum development
- Training od staff and 100 beneficiaries on Agricultural Entrepreneurship
Objectives of the assignment, roles and responsibilities of the Local consultant
The overall objective of this consultancy is to develop training manual/curriculum based on the training needs identified during baseline assessment report conducted by ACTED.
· Review and assess existing training materials on business skills and entrepreneurship
· Integrate new training needs into the existing materials
· Adopt existing materials for the training program and customize the training.
· Develop knowledge products around climate change adaptation practices that can be used by Agro-Pastoral farmers in the country
The consultant or the consulting firm must have a varied mix of skills and competences and they must have undertaken similar works in Uganda in the last 5 years. The following competencies are mandatory.
• A minimum of bachelor degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Extension, Agro-Ecology, Climate Change and Development Studies, Business Administration and Management, and other related disciplines (Masters in a similar field is preferred).
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in implementing climate smart agriculture program
• Ability and demonstrated experience with climate smart agriculture innovations.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and evaluate climate change adaptation and resilience activities with focus on agriculture production.
• Minimum of five years of experience in coordinating and administering evaluations/ baseline/end line studies, preferably for international non-governmental organizations or multilateral agencies and multi-country studies.
• Experience in development and designing technical documents and training manual customized for farmer training.
• Experiences on cross-cutting issues such as gender and social inclusion.
• Fluency in English is required and working knowledge of local languages spoken in Karamoja is an added advantage.
• Ability to apply research ethics, ACTED ethical guidelines, applicable government policies, and a gender and inclusion approaches to all phases of the assignment
How to apply
Interested applicants should provide a proposal covering the following aspects:
- Letter of interest.
- Detailed technical and financial proposals clearly demonstrating a thorough understanding of this ToR and including the following:
· Demonstrated previous experience in coordinating and administering studies of a similar nature.
· Proposed methodology
· Ethics and child safeguarding approaches, including any identified risks and associated mitigation strategies
· A proposed timeframe detailing activity and a schedule/work plan
· Previous experience/mandates similar in nature including type of study, sector, organization.
· If applicable: Team composition and level of effort of each proposed team member.
- A financial proposal with a detailed breakdown of costs for the study
· Itemized consultancy fees/costs.
· Itemized administrative expenses.
· Expected payment plan and method.
· Copy of registration certificate, VAT and other relevant documents.
Note: available budget is 1,000EUR. Financial Proposal should be submitted in UGX.
- Curriculum Vitae(s) of all proposed staff outlining relevant experience.
- Names and contact information of three references who can be contacted regarding relevant experience.
- A copy of certificate of completion of a similar previous work undertaken.
- If applicable: A Consulting Firm profile. In the case of a firm, full names, physical addresses, telephone numbers, and contact person of the firm/company; date of registration, registration number, copy of registration certificate and VAT certificate; names of directors/proprietors.
- Technical and financial proposal should be submitted to email@example.com not later than one week from the date of this advert.
- Job City Uganda