Terms Of Reference For Provision Of Project Management Services
Fairtrade changes the way trade works through better prices, decent working conditions, and a fairer deal for Producers in developing countries. As a leader in the global movement to make trade fair, Fairtrade supports and challenges businesses and governments and connects Producers with the people who buy their products. A product with the FAIRTRADE Mark means producers and businesses have met internationally agreed standards that have been independently certified. The Fairtrade System comprises of (i) 3 regional producer networks that represent Producers in Africa and the Middle East, Asia and the Pacific, and Latin America and the Caribbean (ii) 25 national Fairtrade organizations and marketing organizations that market and promote Fairtrade products in consumer countries (iii) 1 Fairtrade International, the umbrella NGO that creates the internationally agreed Fairtrade Standards and coordinates Fairtrade worldwide and (iv) 1 FLOCERT, the main independent certifier for Fairtrade, which inspects producers and traders to ensure they comply with Fairtrade Standards. Read more about Fairtrade www.fairtrade.net
ABOUT FAIRTRADE AFRICA
Established in 2005, Fairtrade Africa (FTA) is a member of Fairtrade International and the umbrella network organization representing Fairtrade-certified Producer Organizations in Africa and the Middle East. It has four (4) regional networks – Eastern & Central Africa; Southern Africa; West Africa; and the Middle East & North Africa. FTA currently represents 1,354,294 farmers and workers in 660 producer organizations spread across 28 countries in Africa and the Middle East by providing services to them that contribute to the improvement of their livelihoods. www.fairtradeafrica.net
FAIRTRADE STAKEHOLDER RECOGNITION PROJECT
Fairtrade seeks to recognizes its key partners through key events and engagements. These events will culminate into a high-profile stakeholder recognition forum, hosted by Fairtrade Africa in Kenya in 2023 as a hybrid event.
BACKGROUND FOR CONSULTANCY
Fairtrade Africa seeks to contract a Project Manager to support the pre-planning activities leading to the stakeholder recognition forum, management of the outlined activities during the events and a post events management. Top line details:
Events Date: TBC in 2023;
Participants: Fairtrade System customers, producers, partners and staff
Events: Key activities: recognition forum, field visits (prior / post event), product and producer exhibition/ display, online and on-ground side events et al.
To plan and manage this forum, FTA seeks the services of an experienced Project Manager who will work with Fairtrade’s working group for nine months as well as internal teams to plan and manage all aspects of the forum and all events associated with this activity.
Reporting to Fairtrade Working Group Chairperson from FTA, the Project Manger will work closely with members of Fairtrade Working Group to co-design, plan and execute all aspects of stakeholder recognition forum.
FTA will take care of all third-party costs.
SCOPE OF WORK
Working closely with the Fairtrade Working Group, the Project Manager will:
Before the Events
- Master Plan/Run of Show: design the master plan detailing the virtual and physical aspects for each session and including contingency plans;
- Judging panel: Guide in formation and nomination of judging panels, guidelines etc.
- Communication Packs: Support development of info packs for all participants; support information sharing for all official and non-official events; guide development of sponsorship kit, logistics notes, guest packages etc.
- Service providers: Support identification and engagement with relevant service providers;
- Working Group Support: Support the steering committee monitor progress of the internal working committees handling the various aspects of all activities.
- Events Set-Up: support the design and plan all the virtual and physical aspects of all the events as well as design and set up the official meeting venue, side meeting spaces, field trips, displays etc;
- Social media kit: support the creation of a social media kit and content calendar jointly with the Communication team:
- Safety and Health: Develop a health and safety contingency plan;
- Help Desk: Act as a “help desk”- central point of contact for any logistic questions before and during the event.
- Support travel booking arrangements: Support with flight bookings, visa requirements and travel/health advice for all participants attending in person; support with hotel booking, arrival and airport transfers; support spontaneous re-arrangements of travel plans (extension of hotel / re-booking of flights), follow up with invoicing;
During the Events
Working with the steering committee
- Events management: Oversee timely events execution. Coordinate the flow of events as per the program bearing in mind different time zones.
- Events communication: Support the production of real-time written and branded short video snippets and photo journals for airing on social media throughout the key events.
- IT support: support the Tech Committee to coordinate the IT logistics for the event.
- Third-party management: Supervise all suppliers and contractors to deliver all items as per the agreed schedule.
After the Events
- Tear down; work with the Clients Account Manager for any software to ensure that all data and content is taken down from the software databases after the event;
- Follow up with all participants and suppliers to ensure payments are made.
- Bring all events communications and payments to a close.
- Events and forum reporting
- Support with post-event communication as desired.
The contract period is 9 months from November 2022 – July 2023.
The Project Manager must demonstrate a strong background, training, and experience in the planning and management of global stakeholder forums.
How to apply
Submit a two-page narrative and expected fee proposal detailing your background, training, and experience in events organisation, and provide examples from similar projects you have organized and managed.
Provide at least two (2) signed letters of recommendation from previous clients with similar projects on their letterhead.
Additionally, visual links to projects you have managed should be included in the two-page narrative.
Individuals and corporate organizations are encouraged to apply.
Send your application to email@example.com by October 2, 2022, 1700 EAT with “Provision of Project Management Services” in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Senior Programme Officer-Coffee-Donuts Programme at Fairtrade Africa
- Adjoint Coordinateur Finances (f/h/x) at Médecins du Monde – Belgique
- Peacebuilding Advisor- Peace Strategy for Women and Youth at International Organization for Migration
- Senior Technical Advisor – Health Systems Strengthening at Pact
- Collaboration, Learning and Adaptation (CLA) Advisor at Mercy Corps