1. PROJECT SUMMARY
IOCC is implementing a project entitled “Empowering Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) through Education and Income Generation in Amman, Jordan,” funded by Diakonie ACT Austria and the Austrian Development Agency (ADA). IOCC has assisted nearly 27,000 people with disability-related programming in Jordan, but persistent gaps in support of this population remain. The project aims to improve the quality of life of refugees and vulnerable Jordanians with hearing and visual impairments and disabilities in Jordan with activities related to rehabilitation and psychosocial support, as well as livelihood opportunities. The project is being implemented in East Amman between July 2019 and April 2022. **
The specific objective of this consultancy is to provide a 1-day workshop to project staff on the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD), and general terminology and etiquette when talking and interacting with persons with disabilities (noting that all project staff have experience interacting with people with impairments and disabilities). The consultant will be supported by a representative from Jordan’s Council for the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (HCD) who will provide more insight about the role of the Jordan’s Law No.17 and how it is supported by the UNCRPD.
2. OBJECTIVE AND TARGETS
IOCC aims to contract a consultant to conduct a 1-day remote workshop for up to 30 project staff about the UNCRPD and appropriate terminology and etiquette when engaging with persons with disabilities.
The workshop will include:
- Creating an agenda and engaging presentation for the 1-day workshop to be conducted remotely
- Coordinating with the HCD representative on their planned content related to Jordan’s Law No. 17
- Creating a pre and post test to measure the workshop attendees’ improvement in knowledge and understanding of the topics covered
3. SCOPE OF THE WORK (WORK ASSIGNMENT)
Under the supervision of the IOCC Jordan country office’s Project Manager, the consultant is expected to complete the following tasks to the standard required by IOCC:
1) Develop an engaging and interactive presentation that will build the project staff’s capacity when engaging with persons with disabilities, according to the UNCRPD
2) Develop assessment sheet comprising of pre and post tests to measure the workshop attendees’ increase in knowledge and understanding of the subject
3) Provide a final report on the workshop reflecting the results of the pre-/post- test assessment
- Action plan for the consultancy with timeline – to be submitted for approval (in English)
- Presentation to be used for the workshop
- One summative report of the workshop and pre/post test
The final deadline for the report is one week after the conclusion of the workshop. This consultancy is expected to be completed by March 31, 2022.
· Extensive knowledge and experience working with persons with disabilities;
· Extensive knowledge and understanding of UNCRPD;
· Knowledge or awareness of Jordan’s Law No. 17 and specifically rights persons with disabilities in Jordan;
· Knowledge and experience working in with the UN or humanitarian response sector;
· Strong interpersonal skills at all levels;
· Presentation, team skills, communication, problem-solving;
· Gender sensitivity;
· Commitment to the values and mission of IOCC;
· Excellent analytical and writing skills;
How to apply
Interested candidates can apply to this consultancy by providing a technical and financial proposal/offer in English:
· Narrative proposal with plan to undertake the assignment (including timeline)
· Financial offer (in JOD) including all costs (including any taxes, fees, or other costs) with a detailed breakdown
· Applicant’s CV
Applications should be submitted via email to email@example.com with the subject line “Application: UNCRPD Workshop.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and applicants are encouraged to apply early.