Biovision Africa Trust (BvAT), a not-for-profit organization established in Kenya in 2009 intends to recruit a TOF Video Unit Project Officer for its Farmer Communication Programme (FCP). The organization is situated on the main campus of the International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (ICIPE) in Kasarani, Nairobi. The Trust’s goal is to alleviate poverty and improve the livelihoods of smallholder farmers in Kenya and other African countries, through dissemination of information and knowledge on appropriate technology, to improve human, animal, plant, and environmental health. BvAT also runs the Ecological Organic Agriculture Initiative (EOA-I), Knowledge Centre on Organic Agriculture (KCOA) and other agro-based initiatives in Africa.
We are looking for an organized, motivated and resourceful individual to support efficient production of relevant farmer education and training videos and television programs. The successful, person will also be responsible for overseeing the development of The Organic Farmer (TOF) Video Unit and to ensure that all operations run smoothly.
- Develop communication and dissemination strategy and work plans for the video production unit.
- Plan content themes, identify topics, write farmer video and television scripts aligned to the farmer calendar and emerging issues for airing in consultation with the relevant project staff and TOF Radio team leader and respond to feedback accordingly;
- Undertake professional content development (both desktop and field research) to ensure relevance, accuracy, and quality of content on ecologically sound and useful methods to improve human, animal, plant and environmental health;
- Film interviews with farmers, rural communities, consumers, extension practitioners, researchers, scientists, policy makers to generate relevant content for the farmer training videos and Kilimo Hai television programs to create awareness on benefits of organic agriculture.
- Oversee production of farmer training TOF videos and Kilimo Hai television programs with information/content on ecologically sound and useful methods for farmers and viewers to tell their own diverse stories and share experiences.
- Capture feedback from viewers (farmers, youth, men and women, etc) from social media, stories and other project monitoring methods describing the desirable change in their lives as a result of influence by the activities of videos and other information sources of FCP and ensure training videos and television programs produced and aired are relevant; promptly respond where feedback/action is needed;
- Develop grant or award-winning project concept notes and proposals for TOF video and any other related project activities;
- Compile and submit project progress reports as required by schedule guided by the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) framework of the project;
- Collaborate with other active like-minded partners and organizations to leverage on BvAT dissemination channels and reach many farmers as per planned targets.
- Any other appropriate responsibilities that may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time in support of the FCP or BvAT in general.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, Broadcast Journalism, or related field from a credited institution of higher learning.
- Prior experience in video production.
- Minimum 3 years’ progressive experience in producing videos.
- Experience in writing winning project concept notes and proposals
- Excellent desktop research, script writing, filming, and editing videos.
- Excellent photography skills
- Proven ability to work with multiple teams.
- Networking and partnership building skills.
- Proficiency in using Windows Operating System as well as Microsoft Office applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Good understanding of reporting processes
- Understanding of and personal commitment to ecologically sustainable agriculture.
- Should be fluent in oral and written English and Swahili
- Project management
- Organizational skills
- Team player, good communicator (both written and spoken), excellent interpersonal skills, work under minimum supervision, self-motivated and go-getter with love/high regard for farming and farmers.
- A team player with excellent time management, negotiation, communication, interpersonal and meticulous planning skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and demonstrate deliverables/outcomes.
- Willingness and ability to travel locally and internationally.
- A person with high integrity, organized and with a passion for creative projects.
How to apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above position and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the requirements, please submit your detailed CV and application letter indicating summary of your key qualifications and expected salary to email@example.com with the subject heading: TOF Video Unit Project Officer by C.O.B. 8th March,2022.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Please visit our website: https://biovisionafricatrust.org/ for full job descriptions and more about the organizational profile and projects.