JOB TITLE: UI/UX ENGINEER
REPORTING TO: ICT MANAGER
CONTRACT PERIOD: 1 YEAR
ABOUT FARSIGHT AFRICA TECHNOLOGIES:
Farsight Africa Technologies was established in 2012 as a subsidiary of Farsight Africa Group, with a mission to digitally enable and empower last frontier markets by promoting technology adoption Africa emerging markets. The company has invested in developing solutions and platforms that will address the gaping needs for automation of government services, including financial management information systems, tax revenue collection and administration, and public utility service provision platforms.
A passion for innovation drives our team, and we strive to deliver robust software and hardware solutions that create and enhance value.
BE THE STRATEGY BEHIND THE GAME.
Farsight Africa Technologies is seeking a UI/UX ENGINEER to join our Farsight Technologies Unit. They will be responsible for providing expert knowledge of digital user experience in order to define and implement innovative market leading user experiences for new capabilities and user stories or enhancements to existing journeys across touch-points, devices and channels and User Interface Design and User Experience Design.
WHAT YOU’LL DO AS A UI/UX ENGINEER:
- Hands-on design and supervision of UI/UX application design work
- Organizes interactions between the members of the UI/UX team to nurture best practice and encourage knowledge-& tool-sharing
- Provides guidance and harmonization of best practices on agile methodologies and practices to ensure smooth communication and collaboration. Ensure adoption of Design System and UX/UI patterns
- Acts as a mentor for the Specialist resources in their Practice, helping them grow in expertise and experience new areas
- Designing graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets.
- Optimize existing user interface designs
- Develop the information architecture of digital products
- Develops new systems to automate business processes in conformity with design artefacts contained in System Change Requests (SCRs)
- Conducts peer reviews and unit tests of developed solutions to guarantee quality before final submission to Quality Management
- Prepares documentation (User manuals, Technical manuals, deployment instructions, roll back instructions, etc) to ensure that they meet set quality standards
- Ensures that solutions that have been developed are properly packaged and that all the components and requisite documentation are included in the package, for submission to Quality Management.
- Ensures that the approved coding standards are consistently applied in every solution developed.
- Participates in system demonstration, and ensures issues arising in demos are addressed.
- Addresses issues that arise during deployment of the newly developed solutions in the QA test environment.
- Resolves issues arising from QA tests, for solutions that do not pass QA standards and Information System Security policies.
- Ensure conformity to ISO (9001:2015 and 27001:2013) and data security requirements.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications design, human-computer interaction (HCI), cognitive science or any other IT related field.
- UI/UX training/Certification
- Systems Development i.e. Java Programming, Web Design and Development, Oracle Developer etc.
- Business Systems Analysis i.e. CBAP Certification / Training
- Systems Modelling and Design Techniques
- Process Modelling and Design Techniques
- Training in middle level management / Supervisory Skills courses will be an added advantage
- Training or Certification in Database Administration i.e. Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL or Microsoft SQL Server will be an added advantage
WHO ARE WE A GOOD FIT FOR?
Our benefit comes from our client’s success; our approach is therefore client-centric. Recognizing this balance of mutual achievement, our operations teams create the framework from which we can best respond to our client’s needs. Our professional, experienced workforce connecting across Farsight departments as a unified team applies the tailored programmes for each client. Suppose that sounds like you, apply and join our team.
WE, AS FARSIGHT AFRICA TECHNOLOGIES.
Our mission is to promote Development and Prosperity through concise, consistent, innovative services and products. We strive to become the go-to advisory services company contributing to a better tomorrow for our clients and communities.
BE PART OF THE TEAM!
Farsight Africa is a diverse and dynamic organization, developing relationships through its reliability, innovation and accountability. We seek long-term partnerships, with clients returning to us as they benefit from the tailored solutions of the Farsight Africa team.
How to apply
READY TO JOIN AN EXCITING TEAM AND MAKE A CHANGE? APPLY NOW.
Kindly send your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 14th June 2023. Applications shall be reviewed on a rolling basis until the right candidate has been selected.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- API SOFTWARE ENGINEER at Farsight Africa Group
- Évaluation mi-parcours et finale du programme PARJII : Programme d’Appui à la Réforme de la Justice, phase 2
- Consultancy service for a Rapid assessment on the state of labour market information system in Cameroon
- Network Administrator – Kenya National Hire at Church World Service
- Branch Coordinator –Nairobi Branch at Young Women’s Christian Association of Kenya