NORC at the University of Chicago is one of the largest and most highly respected social research organizations pursuing high quality social science research both in the U.S. and internationally.
NORC is seeking a GESI Specialist for the anticipated USAID Tanzania monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) Support Platform. The GESI Specialist will work full-time over a 5-year period
based in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania. The MEL Support Platform activity aims to assist the USAID mission with strategy- and activity-level performance monitoring, evaluation, and learning, including conducting data gathering and verification, data visualization (including Geographic Information Systems), data quality assessments, impact and performance evaluations, assessments, organizational learning, and collaboration among USAID’s implementing partners and Development
Objectives teams. The MEL Support Platform will also implement a capacity building agenda for the mission, developing a baseline of M&E knowledge within the mission and tailoring a curriculum to provide skills development to mission staff. All individuals should have strong English reading and writing skills. Tanzanian nationals are preferred. These are full-time positions contingent on funding.
The GESI Specialist position would assist USAID Tanzania Mission and implementing partners to incorporate gender equality and social inclusion (GESI) related analyses and findings into programming.
- Integrate GESI into MEL and CLA activities and approaches leveraging data and evidence for decision making and USAID programming/li;
- Serve as a technical advisor on current and future MEL, KM and/or CLA activities to ensure the compliance and advancement of USAID GESI strategy;
- Develop and facilitate GESI trainings;
- Collaborate on GESI-related analyses and reporting;
- Meaningfully contribute to the development of contractual deliverables such as annual
reports and work plans;
- Support the development and implementation GESI responsive MEL systems
- Master’s Degree in one of the social sciences, gender studies or international development with evidence of in-depth technical training in the area of gender equality;
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience;
- Familiarity with the ADS 205 (Integrating Gender Equality and Female Empowerment in USAID’s Program Cycle)
- Experience facilitating trainings in GESI for implementing partners, donors and
- Experience in gender analysis, planning, and integrating gender equality and diversity and inclusion
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated and successful work in an intercultural team environment in a development context.
- Experience with one or more of the following sectors: health, economic growth, education; democracy, rights and governance (e.g., gender-based-violence and justice);
- Experience with vulnerable and key populations (e.g. LGBTQA+, youth)
How to Apply
If interested, please send your CV to TanzaniaMEL@norc.org with GESI Specialist in the subject line.
- Job City Dar es Salaam