The holder of the position shall be responsible for planning, implementing, monitoring and reporting of the program in line with agreed plan of action, budget and donor requirements and procedures. S/He will be responsible for coordination of People for Change, Global Contact and EUAID Volunteer programs.
Values Practice & Strategy Change Priorities
- Leading Innovation and Change – Establish a culture of excellence in respective to a team that values experimentation and continuous improvement
- Feminist Leadership – Championing feminist leadership principles and values including commitment to diversity and inclusion (race, gender, power)
- Child protection and safeguarding –Embed AAIK and sector’s approach to child protection and Safeguarding is embedded in all initiatives holistically
- AAIK Values Practice – Ensure a personal and team culture that demonstrates all of AAI’s Values including: Mutual Respect, Equity and Justice, Integrity, Solidarity with people Living in Poverty and Exclusion, Courage of Conviction, Independence and Humility
Organisational and Corporate Development
- Contribute to the development and achievement of the AAI’s strategic objectives including Country Strategy development.
- Keep the other members of the AAIK informed on Voluntary programming.
- Establish and develop close communication links with the respective Global Secretariat Team
- Ensure compliance & stay current with international, regional, and local legal requirements in the programme respective areas
- Develop the technical approach to Voluntary programming in accordance with the country strategy, standards and internal policies; as well as all the Model Projects used in the Programs and Projects of AAIK.
- Develop multi-year Voluntary plans as part of country annual plans and bring together learnings from programme delivery, good practices and donor interests and create innovative programmes.
- Ensure that donor technical approaches and strategies are known to leadership and influence AAIK strategies
- Ensure that programme strategy supports and demonstrates our theory of change and good practice in localization, women leadership, feminist principles, social mobilization, coordination, HRBA and aligns with AAIK’s Programme Quality Framework.
- Implement programmes on Voluntary activities in line with Country Strategy and Annual Plans.
- Create technical knowledge and content on current/previous programming, to develop proposals for funding and support new programmes support for the achievement of country strategic objectives.
- Work with Fundraising unit to identify institutional funding opportunities and assess donor priorities and positions on issues related to Voluntary programming.
- Support fundraising team on developing and maintaining contacts with potential donors, partners, and key technical agencies.
- Reflect programme quality in new partnerships and build the capacity of partners to do effective programming.
- Collect data from the fields that reflects community priorities and government policies for new programming opportunities.
- WASH Strategist at Oxfam
- Ogun State Dairy Value Chain and Market Study Consultant at TechnoServe Nigeria
- Operations Support Assistant (Abuja) at Palladium Group
- Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) at Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH)
- Enterprise Development and Gender Officer at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
- Management of the People for Change, Global Contact and EUAID Volunteer programmes activity implementation.
- Facilitate and coordinate request for placement of People for Change, Global Contact and EUAID Volunteer programmes including liaising with user units to develop TOR’s on job descriptions.
- Conduct an in-country induction course for the People for Change, Global Contact and EUAID Volunteer programmes;
- Monitor and evaluate the People for Change, Global Contact and EUAID Volunteer programmes.
- Budgetary and financial management of the People for Change, Global Contact and EUAID Volunteer programmes.
- Logistical & administrative support to People for Change, Global Contact and EUAID Volunteer programmes.
- Promote relationships with partners and volunteers who desire to partner with AAIK;
- Capacity building local partners and placements in the People for Change, Global Contact and EUAID Volunteer programmes.
- Work in concert with the Technical Advisor Resilience, Policy and Programmes, National Policy and Governance Officer and AAIK staff to identify appropriate volunteer projects/placements that are aligned with AAIK programme goals and needs.
People Management, Mentoring and Development
- Manage and define expectations around People for Change, Global Contact and EUAID Volunteer reports regularly.
- Ensure training of project staff as appropriate; ensure availability of and support appropriate professional development opportunities for staff.
- Build and maintain technical skills and competences for all staff implementing Volunteer program for quality development.
- Establish measurable objectives, ongoing feedback, periodic reviews, fair and unbiased evaluations; coaching, mentoring and other development opportunities.
- Perform other functions that will be assigned by the Line Manager or Executive Director from time to time.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
Appointment to the position will be made from persons who have:
- Have at least Five (5) years’ experience leading groups of people and in planning/facilitating group projects with a minimum of Three (3) years’ experience in planning and implementing youth programs;
- Demonstratable experience in leading mission trips and/or other similar emersion experiences for small groups;
- International experience or experience working and living in the developing world
- Experience of managing partnership relationships; and
- Understanding of different donor requirements and ways of working.
- Ability to travel frequently.
Salary of Kshs. 137,806 per month
Please send your CV and cover letter to hresources.Kenya@actionaid.org by close of business on 30th June, 2022. You are requested to highlight in the cover letter how you specifically meet the criteria for this role. ENSURE TO CLEARLY INDICATE WHICH POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
Due to high volumes of applications received, we can only correspond with short listed applicants. ActionAid International Kenya promotes diversity and welcomes applications from all section of the community.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- Job City Nairobi