Center for Advocacy, Transparency and Accountability Initiative (CATAI) is established in 2018 is registered as an NGO with Head Office in Maiduguri – Borno State. We have been visible in Borno Adamawa and Yobe states implementing projects in protection, community empowerment, livelihood, environment, health, peace building, education and governance. We are currently implementing the ECW-MYRP Project. Our approach is aligned with our mission to enhance services delivery and empower citizens envisioning a world where people in the most remote areas of the globe can have access to the basic needs of life. With values around Integrity, Partnership, result-based and sustainability.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Volunteer Teacher
Locations: Michika – Adamawa & Bama, Ngala, Gwoza and MMC – Borno
Employment Type: Volunteer
Slot: 80 Openings
Duration: 12 months
Reporting to: Complaint Response Mechanism
Start Date: Immediately
- Prepare and deliver engaging and effective lessons to students in the implementation location.
- Create and implement lesson plans aligned with educational standards and learning objectives.
- Foster a positive and inclusive classroom environment that encourages student participation and active learning.
- Provide individualized support and tutoring to students who require additional assistance.
- Assess student progress through various evaluation methods and provide constructive feedback.
- Collaborate with other partners in education and actively participate in team meetings and professional development opportunities.
- Serve as a mentor and role model, guiding students’ personal and character development.
- Maintain open and effective communication with students, parents, and organization staff.
- Support in strengthening the established Peace Clubs in all the project locations
- Support to engage the members as ‘peace ambassadors’ to promote messages on GBV/SEA awareness and prevention mechanisms.
- Support to promote peaceful processes of social norm changes, and social cohesion in the communities.
- Perform any other related duties as requested.
- NCE, Diploma in Education.
- 0 – 1 year experience working as a Teacher in the humanitarian sector.
- Fluency in English Language both written and spoken is required, Hausa and language is mandatory
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, a rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently.
- Hardworking, flexible, and able to work collaboratively within a team.
- Open only to Nigerian Nationals.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Senior Technical Officer- TB / HIV at the Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
- Technical Officer – Database at the Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
- Assistant Technical Officer – Prevention, Care & Treatment at the Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
- Senior Technical Officer – Prevention, Care & Treatment at the Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)