Title: VP of Sales
Location: Dakar or Thies, Senegal
Report to: CEO
myAgro is a non-profit agritech social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to support 1 million farmers in 2026 – providing them the tools they need to prosper. Our organization has received recognition and support from Skoll Foundation, Echoing Green, World Bank, and The Audacious Project from TED. Learn more from our founder and CEO here.
About the Role:
Reporting to the CEO of myAgro, the role of VP of Sales will lead a large, complex and multi-country sales operation by overseeing the development and execution of ambitious and impactful sales plan and strategy. You will spearhead the drive to reach one million farmers by ensuring clarity and robust sales operations. As a member of the leadership team, you will contribute to the overall direction and strategy of the organization.
You will define the sales strategies and team required to deliver our innovative model at scale. You will drive our thinking to deliver a consistent, superior customer experience across every customer touchpoint. You will combine your dedicated customer focus with solid experience in scaling sales organizations to deliver a differentiated operating model which focuses on creating customer value across multiple sales channels, moving bottom of the pyramid customers towards self-serve and delivering engagement, loyalty and happiness.
- You will bring your strong commercial focus to overseeing the development of, and execution against, annual customer and revenue growth plans.
- You will provide decisive and highly visible leadership, collaborating across teams to transform the business and improve its performance.
- You will develop and execute plans with Country Directors and the Sales team to achieve myAgro’s ambitious plans for scale.
- You ensure oversight of business operations, analysis of operational data, and ensure myAgro’s operations in each country are fit for purpose to meet its vision and mission and serve clients and communities most effectively.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create the vision for, and clearly articulate, the sales and commercial strategies to achieve myAgro’s North Star of serving 1 million smallholder farmers by 2026.
- Lead the development of, and execution against, annual customer and revenue growth plans.
- Build and scale a world-leading sales organization to reach and serve small-holder farmers efficiently and effectively.
- Design and lead the execution of the marketing and customer experience strategies across the long and medium term for myAgro.
- Be a champion for farmer insight and showcase outstanding collaboration with Agriculture, R&D, Technology and other cross-functional partners to bring the best approaches to serve our customers.
- Lead the multi-country sales organization to consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances.
- Leverage data analytics to drive focused execution and follow through.
- Lead the team designing and executing the detailed annual sales calendar.
- Build and rigorously implement the systems, tools and processes to deliver on sales objectives across the multi-country sales organization.
SALES TEAM MANAGEMENT
- Coach and mentor Country Directors and the sales team to ensure excellent program delivery on the ground in each of myAgro’s areas of service.
- Design and scale the current sales organization – define future capabilities, the at-scale operating model and the roadmap to achieving it.
- Build deep sales capabilities within the sales team; manage and motivate them to demonstrate drive, customer focus and resilience.
- Create a positive, motivating, and performance-driven team culture.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND REQUIREMENTS
- Over 10+ years of experience leading sales teams, with at least 5 years at a regional/ multi-country level.
- Deep experience in scaling up multi-channel sales organizations.
- A keen understanding and experience in serving customers in West Africa, preferably including those at the bottom of the pyramid.
- A strong network in the region and knowledge of how to build partnerships for scale.
- Analytical with strong complex problem-solving skills matched by deep people management experience.
- A motivational leadership style with the ability to lead diverse teams to success whilst able to collaborate across the organization to ensure myAgro’s overall goals and success.
- Dedication to excellent customer service and to the communities myAgro serves.
- Fluency in English is essential and fluency in French is desirable.
- Health insurance (including dental, vision and health coverage)
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- Annual flight benefit
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!
Application Process and Deadline
To apply, submit an application on our website. Include a cover letter (motivation letter) and a resume or CV. You should also complete the Plum survey. You can find a link to the Plum survey on the application form for the role. Please submit your application and documents in English. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by our team.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
How to apply