International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
International Medical Corps is therefore looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of
Warehouse Assistant Position (Re-Advertised) to be based in Damboa.
Position: Nigerian nationals only
Reporting directly to Warehouse Officer, Warehouse Assistants perform number of duties aimed at ensuring that the operations of a warehouse are run smoothly on a daily basis. Their work includes assisting Warehouse Officers and manager in making sure that the flow of goods/food in and out of the warehouse is handled effectively. They control the flow of stock, monitor the coming in and going out of food/goods and handle stock records within a warehouse environment.
1. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take orders from Warehouse Officer or Managers on a daily basis and review them thoroughly
- Ensure proper loading and unloading of food onto or from the trucks
- Ensure that correct quantity has been received by comparing received goods/food quantities with information on the work order/packing list
- Identify any damaged or missing food/goods cartons and record pertinent information
- Ensure that delivery forms are signed only upon satisfaction of completed order
- Move received goods to appropriate storage areas and ensure bin cards are prepared or updated and put accordingly.
- Make sure that all goods are labeled properly using appropriate lot and item numbers
- Allocate storage space for food items based on their types and sizes and expiry dates
- Isolate and report any broken or damaged food items/goods at the time of order picking
- Ensure that information of picked goods is recorded in logbook and submitted to the commodity Warehouse Officer or Manager
- Identify stock that is not being utilized and report to warehouse officer.
- Carry out physical inventory of all items in stock on weekly, monthly basis and anytime upon request or convenience.
- Pay attention to use-by dates of food and medicine, ensuring proper stock rotation. Advise Warehouse Officer whenever expiry dates are approaching (within 2 months).
- Identify stock that is not being utilized and report to warehouse officer.
- Establish and maintain meaningful relationships with WFP food transporters to ensure smooth working environment
- Maintain stable temperature conditions within the warehouse especially where perishable food items are concerned
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to IMC and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in Nigeria.
- Check daily that the store is clean, organized and is regularly ventilated
- Arrange stocks in such a way that they are easy to count, and aisles are accessible
- Check daily and record the temperature and humidity of the medical and RUTF stores
- Remove/ separate infected products and inform in writing the Warehouse Officer.
- Separate foodstuffs from other stock and pay special attention to dangerous goods.
- Ensure storage facilities are free from rats, rodents and any other pests which may damage stock and periodically plan for fumigation of storage facilities.
- Plan for disposal of expired/ infected products in collaboration with the Warehouse officer and program teams.
Communication and teamwork:
- Ensure good communication with peers and donor’s representatives including Transporters
- Facilitate harmonious working relationship with partners, beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
- Report problems encountered in the warehouse or within the team to the Supervisor
- Propose solution to solve any problem faced and report them to the Supervisor
- Participate actively in regular staff and program meetings
- Prepare weekly team’s work schedule and submit to the Emergency Program Coordinator.
Similar Vacancies, Ngo jobs in Africa now
Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree or HND in a numerical discipline or relevant Business field is desired
- At least 1 year of experience in large scale Logistics operation, Manufacturing and or food assistance distribution.
- Strong organizational skills and discipline to follow outlined procedures; ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel.
- Excellent oral and written English skills. High computer skills on MS Office (Excel, Words. Outlook) programs.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not delay program activities.
- A clear understanding of procurement ethics and donor compliance is essential.
- Willingness to travel throughout the project areas in Borno State is required.
- Must read and understand and demonstrate willingness and ability to follow guidelines.
- Capacity to work under stressful situations and Strong organizational and time management skills and capacity to coordinate work across multiple departments and sites.
- Experience living in remote or isolated work stations, or insecure locations.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
- International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
- ***Due to the urgent need of the position* a*pplications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis.***
· International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this *recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the reporting email address provided at the end of this document. International Medical Corps’ Reporting email address: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com Please do not submit your CV or application to the reporting email address, it will not be considered for review**.***
How to apply
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted. **
All applications should be addressed to the Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps via the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity organization So Damboa Based candidates are Strongly encouraged to apply for this position
Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.