The Warehouse Officer is expected to deliver an improved service to Business Units at the Africa CDC. Thus, the Warehouse Officer must ensure that availability of supplies and assets through proper planning and management of supplies and assets. This will include supporting and conducting proper receiving, maintenance, issuance and recording of supplies and assets while adhering to the rules and procedures of the AU.
- Undertake all tasks related to Asset and Warehouse management.
- Liaise with Procurement Team and suppliers or transporters on timing of receipts or issuance of the supplies. Assess availability of space and plan stacking/palletisation prior to arrival/receipt optimizing usage of the available capacity and resources and timely turnover of supplies;
- Arrange and lead crew of casual labour workers for unloading/loading of trucks.
- Receive and release supplies based on necessary authorisation. Verify quantities and quality (including packing) according to goods receipt document, packing lists, waybills, pre-delivery inspection reports or purchase orders and report discrepancies if any;
- Ensure that all stored materials are clearly marked with stock bins with appropriate references and quantities per pallet/section & stored in a safe & appropriate manner. Ensure easy movement, ventilation, maintenance and systematic arrangement of stock;
- Monitor the quantity and quality of the stored supplies and report on irregularities, if any, in relation to storage, receipt or dispatch & security of the warehouse;
- Maintain records and ensure appropriate filing for all documentation related to movements in and out as well as monthly warehouse stocktaking reports;
- Perform monthly physical inventory checks, provide monthly stock reports and data on receipts/releases, and immediately report on any variance with records. Assist in regular/random physical stock taking in the warehouse;
- Maintain records of fixed assets and ensure periodic verification is carried out.
- Manage MM Module in ERP System
- In coordination with the supervisor, handle administrative issues related to safety and maintenance of the warehouse.
- Maintain and suggest improvements of the current security systems to ensure the highest possible level of security. Arrange cleaning of the warehouse;
- Perform any other logistics task as requested by the supervisor
- Bachelor Degree in Purchasing and Supplies, Supply Chain Management, Information Technology (IT), Accounting and Finance, Business Management, or any other relevant discipline.
- Professional certificate or affiliation to a relevant Supply Chain Professional Body is an added advantage.
- Five (5) years of proven experience in warehouse and asset management.
- Proven expertise in warehouse management, demonstrated technical knowledge and analytical skills related to Warehouse Management.
- Familiarity with AU or international organisations’ procedures and systems is an asset.
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, be proactive, initiative and with sound judgment.
- Ability to leverage limited resources and staff for maximum impact.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure with a wide range of individuals and institutions
- Creative thinking, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English including excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in French, Arabic or Portuguese is desirable.
- Knowledge of two or more AU languages would be an added advantage.
How to apply
Interested? Please visit our website, to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter (in English) detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV (in English) with relevant skills and experience.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.
- Job City Addis Ababa