PEACE WINDS JAPAN
Peace Winds Japan (PWJ) is a Japanese Non-Governmental Organization established in 1996.
PWJ has been providing humanitarian and development assistance for people affected by forced displacement and natural disasters in more than 20 countries in the world.PWJ launched its mission in Kenya in 2012 and has been implementing projects funded by UN agencies and the government of Japan in shelter, WASH and youth development to improve living environments of refugee and host populations while promoting peaceful coexistence and self-reliance in the communities in Dadaab, Kakuma and Kalobeyei.PWJ is UNHCR partner responsible for WASH, Shelter, motor vehicle service Unit, centralized fleet and fuel management for Kakuma Refugee Operations.
We are seeking two dedicated and highly motivated individuals to join our team as WASH Assistants- Water Supply. One will be deployed to cover Turkana North Sub-County and the other one will cover Turkana South Sub-County. This position is central to the designing, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of WASH activities in Turkana North and South sub-county. The assistants will be responsible for conducting assessments and designing necessary interventions to repair and rehabilitate broken down water systems, training of rapid repair teams for purposes of repairing/rehabilitation of broken water systems.
- Conduct assessments and use findings to design necessary interventions to repair/rehabilitate broken water systems.
- Coordinate with the project team to identify proper procedure to rehabilitate dilapidated water systems.
- Training of rapid repair teams for purposes of repairing/rehabilitation of broken water systems.
- Capacity building of CHV’s, Water users’ association members and communities on water supply systems for sustainability.
- Provide technical assistance for the community agents and beneficial communities on construction/instalment of WASH related facilities e.g., toilet, hand washing facility, refuse-pit and dish rack, etc.
- Timely development of weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual performance reports and highlighting success stories arising from the field
- Represent the organization as required in inter-agency and government coordination meetings and liaise with other organizations working in the operational area where appropriate.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Water Engineering, Civil Engineering or relevant education background from a recognised institution.
- Knowledge of Water Supply Systems, including boreholes, pipelines, water treatment and storage facilities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter, and any relevant certifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “WASH ASSISTANT – WATER SUPPLY” in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps in the selection process.
Application Deadline: 7th June, 2023
Note: This job advert reflects the core activities of the role but is not exhaustive. It may be subject to review and amendment to meet the needs of the organization.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Senior Program Manager (Flex) at GiveDirectly (GD)
- Program Assistant (Enugu) at Family Health International (FHI 360)
- State Coordinators at KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
- Program Assistant (Cross River) at Family Health International (FHI 360)
- Knowledge Management Associate, Nigeria Strengthening Civic Advocacy and Local Engagement (SCALE) at Palladium Group