Muslim Hands UK (MH) is a leading international non-governmental organisation working in long-term and sustainable development. The organisation’s expenditure is in excess of £30 million covering various areas, including Emergency, Health, Livelihoods, WASH and Food Security. Geographically, Muslim Hands is active in over 30 countries and has a substantial presence in Asia, the Middle East, and Subsaharan Africa.
Muslim Hands UK’s WASH interventions range from family level hand pump installation to school WASH improvements and filtrations plants.
Muslim Hands is seeking tenders from consultants or consultancy firms to assist in several WASH-related areas. The objectives of this work are to;
- Review or create Muslim Hands’ WASH standards and technical documents.
- Review projects to identify gaps, needs and opportunities for learning and improvements.
- Provide horizon scanning for Muslim Hands’ WASH thematic area
- Create a Muslim Hands WASH standards document**
- Create a Water wells review document and deliver a presentation
- Create a Water filtration plant review document and deliver a presentation
- Create a Muslim Hands Horizon Scanning document and deliver a presentation
Profile of Consultant
- Graduate degree in water sanitation engineering, international development or related field
- Extensive relevant experience in WASH program implementation at the field and global level in leading international NGOs or charities
- Solid understanding of cross-cutting issues and related research agenda in international WASH programmes in humanitarian and development contexts
- A track record of critical analysis of needs, gaps and opportunities related to the effective delivery of quality programming
- Proven experience in knowledge development and evidence-based advocacy
- Proven experience in capacity building, facilitation of multi-stakeholder processes, organisational learning, and change processes.
- Strong written and oral communications skills, including the ability to write technical documents and give presentations to colleagues in and outside of Muslim Hands
- Proven experience in participation at technical platforms
- Ability to develop trust and strong collaborative working relationships
How to apply
Any interested applicant should email their proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th May 2022. Include the following in the application;
- Proposal Outline
- Proposed approach and methodology
- Proposed activities
- Indication of your availably and timeframes
- CV showing how you meet the required consultant profile
- Any other material illustrating your suitability for this consultancy project