Position: WASH Programme Development Manager
The purpose of the Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Promotion (WASH) Programme Development Manager (PDM) position is to be responsible for technical development, strategic direction, implementation, and quality assurance as well as monitoring of NRC Sudan’s WASH activities and programme, as well as relevant staff mentoring and capacity development. You will be expected to follow NRC’s standards, procedures, and guidelines for project governance applicable for the particular projects. You will be responsible for the overall planning and coordination of all WASH interventions, either directly within the WASH CC (Core Competency) or as an integrated approach across other CCs.
- Gather and analyse WASH-related data from target or proposed target populations, as part of integrated or joint assessments, and use this in response analysis to develop contextually appropriate, technically sound new projects and programmes and inform advocacy efforts;
- Ensure all relevant stakeholders are included in the planning and implementation of projects as appropriate;
- Lead the enhancement of the WASH portfolio through the development of sound and evidence-based project proposals and budgets for new projects/extensions of projects in conjunction with the relevant team, both programme and support staff;
- Support the consolidation as well as the enhancement of cash-based interventions and market-based approaches within (and across) NRC core competency responses, where appropriate;
- Contribute to the institutionalization of cash-based interventions and market based programmes though capacity building and interdepartmental engagement in cooperation with the Cash and Market Programme Development Manager;
- Closely coordinate with all CCs and cross-thematic areas (including digital approach and environmental considerations) to maximise on integrated programming and promote durable solutions;
- Ensure safe programming principles are embedded in all WASH activities.
- Overall responsibility for effective and efficient management of the WASH projects consistent with the project management cycle (including reporting to the desired quality and standard);
- Overall budget management for WASH projects/portfolio implemented and ensure appropriate burn-rates are maintained and that solutions to over/under expenditure are applied;
- Responsible for providing technical and implementation support and guidance to field-based WASH staff in implementing NRC project(s), including but not limited to providing instructions on work plans, approving expenses/procurement, recruitments, reporting, etc.;
- Ensure monitoring data is collected, analysed, included in NRC’s M&E systems, and used to adapt programmes as required.
3.Logistics, Finance, and Human Resource Management:
- Ensure appropriate Financial and Logistical NRC systems/ procedures are adhered to within the WASH team;
- Ensure timely and accurate development of procurement plans, recruitment plans, and spending plans and ensure the same is shared with relevant support colleagues;
- Responsible for ensuring timely submission of monthly CC-specific cash forecast to Finance and relevant Procurement Requests to Logistics;
- In line with project needs and funding availability, continuously and proactively plan CC-specific staff requirements and liaise with HR and Admin to ensure the same.
4.Coordination and Representation:
- Responsible for attending relevant CC-specific meetings and coordination fora, representing NRC strictly within the limit set out by the Country Office;
- Conduct senior representation at state level and promote strong working relationships with government counterparts;
- In line with NRC’s standards, ensure communication plans are implemented, stakeholders are informed on NRC’s activities, and the organization is well accepted by communities.
For more information, click this job description
Generic professional competencies:
- At least four years in a development and/or humanitarian WASH programming environment, including three years’ experience in a senior level project management position;
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Documented results related to the position’s technical responsibilities;
- Knowledge in protection mainstreaming, community outreach/engagement, community capacity building, and/or community-development oriented programming, DRR approaches including environmental analysis;
- Knowledge and skills in market analysis, cash-based interventions and market based programmes
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office, including strong skills in Word, Excel and Outlook.
Context skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the context in Sudan;
- Arabic language skills is an advantage;
- Experience in needs assessment, project monitoring and evaluation, and programme development;
- Strong leadership skills and a supportive management style;
- Experience of a flexible approach to managing and prioritising a high and diverse workload;
- Proven ability to work effectively across cultures, in sensitive environments and with stakeholders at all levels.
What We Offer
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility: At NRC, we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative
- 12 months fixed term contract
- We aim to attract internationally experienced candidates; starting basic monthly pay is NOK 57,744 dependent on level of experience. If a national candidate is selected, the national salary scale will apply.
- An opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause
- A chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields
How to apply
Apply by clicking this link