Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WASH Programme Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting to: Emergency Coordinator
Proposed start date: February 2023
Department: Programmes – WASH
Career Level: Manager/Supervisor
- We are currently looking to fill the role of WASH Programme Manager who will be responsible in leading a team of RRM Officers and will be reporting directly to the Emergency Coordinator.
- You will be entitled to implement ACF Nigeria mission strategy to save lives, conduct multi-sectoral surveys, identify, implement, monitor and evaluate emergency interventions within the framework of the Rapid Response Mechanism in areas with alerts.
- Ensure contractual activities are completed on time, within budget and with acceptable quality;
- Identify and monitor risks, constraints or escalating issues relating to the management of the program, and inform the hierarchy accordingly;
- Ensure post-implementation monitoring of Action Against Hunger WASH structures;
- Plan and manage emergency responses and priorities activities according to humanitarian needs;
- Supervision of the WASH program staff, induction, follow up, evaluation, and promotion of positive team dynamics and motivation;
- Recruitment and training of WASH staff as needs arise;
- Overseeing the work of WASH program staff in order to ensure good compliance of activities within the objectives of the mission and of proposals – this includes regular visits to the field sites in order to evaluate achievements; to discuss the constraints encountered, the possible solutions and to make recommendations for current and future programs;
- Collaborate and communicate with technical and Support Head of Departments, Program Managers, CD, and any other Action Against Hunger resource people in order to ensure the coherence of activities and reports in terms of Action Against Hunger WASH strategy;
- Informing/updating the Emergency Co and CD on emergencies and outbreaks program implementation and any issues on a regular basis;
- Participation in weekly base team meetings and any other general team or strategy meetings;
- Follow up of logistics requirements for WASH programs in liaison with the Head of Base;
- Participation in the overall mission and program strategy, narrative and financial project proposals and reporting, in collaboration with Log/Admin/CD and other program coordinators as necessary;
- Monthly Action Against Hunger WASH report to be sent to Emergency Co (line manager) and copied to DCD, Tech HOD and France Technical Advisor – which includes an overview of the WASH situation, external coordination update, achievements for the past month and objectives for the following month.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Engineering (Civil, Water, Construction or Hydrology), Public Health or Social Sciences;
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a WASH Emergency management/supervisory capacity;
- Strong computer literacy, organizational and planning skills, report writing, budget oversight;
- Commitment to upholding Action Against Hunger’s values, excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience in the INGO/NGO and humanitarian context;
- Experience managing a team of staff;
- Experience in Rapid Response Mechanism;
- Willingness and ability to travel to the field for program monitoring and supportive visits.
Starting Basic Salary
NGN812,290 per month (excluding other benefits).
Application Closing Date
10th February, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- Women at ACF are entitled to benefits such as maternity leave, compassionate leave for a hospitalized child and creche facilities for babies and toddlers.