Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest Finnish international aid organization. We operate in 13 countries, where the needs are most dire. We work with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background, or political convictions. FCA work is based on promotion of human dignity and fundamental human rights and freedom, and FCA’s operations are guided by equality, non-discrimination, and responsibility.
NGO Mondo is an Estonian civil society organization established in 2007 which has developed a DIGITAL COMPETENCIES PROGRAMME that supports closing the digital divide in communities and thus contributes to education and livelihoods. The Creatives Industry training’s objective is to strengthen the entrepreneurial mindset and widen the understanding of employment opportunities for the youth in different creative industries. During the training learners collect a portfolio to showcase their key vocational competence. The training will include online and contact learning (blended learning).
POSITION : WEB DESIGN TRAINER
REPORTS TO : ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND JOB CREATION OFFICER
DUTY STATION : EASTLANDS – NAIROBI
Position Summary: FCA is training 150 youth in professional Creative industry-skills during May to October 2022. Training will take place in Eastlands, Nairobi.
We are looking for a web design trainer to design and conduct basic level graphic design training in three 5 Week periods. The trainer will cooperate closely with team of other trainers and monitor and evaluate student´s progress.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Prepare schemes of work, lesson notes and appropriate teaching Aids to ensure effective teaching and learning.
- To conduct regular assessment and evaluation for both Practical and written sessions for training gaps identification.
- Conduct regular counselling and guidance of the Trainees and make referrals where need be.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced web design-skills and professional experience, entrepreneurship/ freelancing experience is a plus.
- Degree´s and certificates in web design or another relevant field is a plus
- Training experience and experience of working with youth required
- Resourcefulness and creativity to solve logistical challenges and problems
- Language proficiency: fluent English and Swahili languages
- Good with web 2.0 tools (blogs, social media platforms and productivity tools)
- Possess thorough knowledge about digital safety
- Learning oriented mindset
- Ability to engage with participants and convey knowledge
- Ability to explain complex technology in simple terms.
- Qualification in Pedagogical skills or experience in teaching/training.
- High integrity, self-driven and able to set own work schedule with rigorous deadlines.
- Ability to initiate and complete assignments and to work under demanding circumstances with minimal supervision.
- Strong organization, supervisory, problem-solving, interpersonal, communication as well as team building and negotiation skills.
- Uphold and protect the Trainees from any form of Child abuse/ Violation of Rights.
- Design a strategic remedial Training plan for slow learners
- Prepare a conducive learning environment for the Trainees.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned from Time to Time by the supervisor
How to apply
Interested applications should send a cover letter and a CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for receiving applications is 28th April 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please do not attach academic documents when you apply online
N.B: Finn Church Aid is committed to keeping children safe at all times & all levels of its program operations, so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from all forms of abuses. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards, adherence to Child Safeguarding Policy including background checks