We are a global team of experts and innovators tackling some of the world’s most pressing health challenges. We work with leaders and change makers around the globe to bring health strategies to life. We provide ideas, advice and technical know-how that enable our partners to build a path to lasting change.
With 30 years’ experience in global health, we collaborate with our partners to explore existing evidence, combine expertise, scale up ideas and co-create solutions that accelerate change. This includes collaborating on policy design, managing initiatives, building powerful coalitions and galvanising social movements. Our impact is felt across whole communities, with a focus on women, girls and those who have been marginalised.
As part of MSI Reproductive Choices, all our profits go back into supporting MSI’s own mission of children by choice, not chance.
We believe in a world where everyone can access the high-quality health services they need, without financial burden.
Options is seeking the services of a Wellness Specialist who can provide ‘Survivors’ support and therapeutic services’ for survivors of FGM/C. The consultant should be an experienced and certified yoga instructor who can lead safe and effective group exercise activities to survivors of Female Genital Mutilation (FGM), some of whom have experienced different forms of psychological trauma.
The Wellness Specialist will conduct and lead yoga exercises to survivors of FGM during a 5-day Survivor Leadership Training at a location to be confirmed, outside Nairobi County. They will be responsible for providing balanced yoga practice for participants of all levels and abilities, providing progressions and regressions when necessary, and educating participants on appropriate breathing principles and safe transitioning techniques.They will be responsible for performing yoga poses in precise alignment, using the correct terminology, and safely guiding participants through the flow of the practice. The specialist should also be knowledgeable in the implementation of the chakra system, pranayama, mantra and mindful meditation.
Each session should offer survivors a safe space facilitated by empowerment-based language to gain greater awareness around strength, stability, boundaries, assertiveness, and mindfulness. The sessions will have different themes, focus on mindful, grounding postures, and allow survivors to re-connect with themselves and build community with their peers. Sessions will establish consistency and will build upon each other each day of the training.
To be succesful in this role, you will have:
- Experience in working with survivors of GBV who have experienced psychological trauma
- Must hold & maintain a Group Exercise/Fitness Instructor certification through a recognized institution and/or a Yoga specific 200 hr training.
- Desirable to hold & maintain CPR/AED & First Aid certification
- Must have an understanding of basic fitness principles, anatomy, and injury prevention
- Must have knowledge of group fitness teaching strategies including class design, cueing technique, integration of music, tempo, and rhythm
- As an equal opportunity employer, Options Consultancy Services is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage or civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Options Consultancy Services.
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- Applicants must have the right to work in Kenya
How to apply
- To apply, please fill in the form here
- Submit an up-to-date CV and a link to a portfolio/show reel that demonstrates your capabilities
- Closing date for applications is: 6 March 2022
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).