International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in under-served communities worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Women Center Facilitators
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Women’s Center Facilitator will be responsible for organizing and implementing group psychosocial activities at the women center including skills and knowledge building activities and recreational activities.
- She is overall lead in community mobilization for GBV awareness and sensitization at community level.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- In coordination with beneficiaries, identify relevant skills building and recreational activities to be conducted at the women friendly spaces and draw up a schedule for activity implementation
- In coordination with volunteers / partners a weekly schedule for activities in the women center.
- Identify and make a requisition for all materials required to conduct Women Friendly Space activities
- Organize feedback sessions each quarter with beneficiaries of WFS activities to identify strengths and weaknesses of the space and identify solutions for sharing with GBV manager for improvement.
- Coordinate with the case worker to ensure survivors who have been referred to the women center receive timely and quality services.
- In coordination with the GBV Manager, identify barriers to GBV and develop subsequent messages to overcome the barriers
- In coordination with women, leaders / SEMA / NEMA organize and oversee the implementation on calendar day celebrations such as 16 days of activism, international women’s day, day of the African child, international day of the girl child, etc.
- Conduct training and coaching sessions for volunteers / partners to deliver appropriate GBV messages to community members.
- Supervise community volunteers / partners during field work to ensure correct GBV messages are disseminated to the community.
- Conduct weekly meetings with volunteers / partners to collect sensitization reports, develop messages for the following week.
- Organize and implement bi weekly discussions with men in the community on GBV related topics
- Organize and implement monthly discussion sessions with adolescents on GBV related topics
- Compile weekly and monthly WFS activity reports
- Contribute to a positive team environment
- Practice self-care.
- Maintain confidentiality and ethical conduct.
- Refrain from making false promises and commitments to the beneficiaries and work in the best interest of the IMC GBV Program.
- Foster a team spirit among GBV staff that is conducive to all staff improving their skills and knowledge base.
- Be patient with and support difficult people including beneficiaries
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop the IMC/GBV program.
Communication and Teamwork:
- Ensure good communication with peers, beneficiaries, partners, and other stakeholders
- Facilitate harmonious working relationship with peers, partners, beneficiaries, and other stakeholders.
- Report problems encountered while on duty or within the team to the Supervisor
- Propose solution to solve any problem faced and report them to the Supervisor
- Participate actively in regular staff and program meetings.
Knowledge and Experience
- Educated to University Level (First Degree or HND qualification in Social Science or a related Field).
- Hausa Language required; English language preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to helping others
- Demonstrated discretion and good judgment
- Outgoing and friendly personality
- Experience facilitating group activities an asset.
- Previous training/experience in GBV programming an asset.
- Comfort in living and working in Maiduguri.
- Conscientious with as excellent sense of judgment
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks.
- Willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel.
- Literate and strong organizational skills.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within IMC and amongst beneficiaries served by IMC.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
- Proactively engage with your supervisor, and key staff Program, Finance and HR/Admin on all matters to ensure that programmatic and project planning incorporates sufficient funding for assets.
Application Closing Date
22nd July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae in a single Microsoft Word Document to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the Subject of their email, Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- This is a woman-only position. Qualified women applicants are encouraged to apply.
- International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
- Due to the urgent need of the position applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the reporting email address provided at the end of this document.
- International Medical Corps’ Reporting email address: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to the reporting email address, it will not be considered for review.