The Regional Support Unit (RSU) undertakes a support function for the Regional Office and IOM countries within the East and Horn of Africa region. The goal of the unit is to contribute to effective, flexible and comprehensive migration management solutions, through improved accountability to institutional standards, external engagement and use of knowledge. In regard to knowledge management (KM) the unit is tasked with supporting increased generation and use of migration related knowledge in the region specifically knowledge related to the project cycle (project design, implementation and reporting) which in turn can feed into policy development. Under the overall guidance of the Regional Director, the direct supervision of the Regional Project Development Officer, the consultant will assist the Regional Support Unit take stock of current knowledge management practices, gaps and opportunities and develop a framework to operationalise a knowledge management platform for the region, including identifying key knowledge management products to be developed.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Research and collect information from each mission and the regional office for development of 10 country specific and 1 regional info sheets for donor relations and resource mobilization purposes.
- Research and collect information on thematic and programming priorities and develop regional and country thematic briefs for purposes of resource mobilization and donor relations ensuring alignment to the IOM regional Strategy for the East and Horn of Africa 2021-2024. During inception of the consultancy a priority list of up to 15 briefs will be agreed and may include immigration and Border Management, Migration Health, Migration, Environment and Climate Change, Labour and Human Development, Emergencies
- Update regional donor profiles including contact directory.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Information Studies, Social Sciences or related field; Education in a migration and/or development related field an asset.
- Background in knowledge management and/or communication an asset.
- At least five years of professional experience in writing, editing preferably on development issues.
- Proven experience in working with international organizations (successful experience in working with UN agencies, INGOs is an added asset);
- Ability to analyse and synthesize relevant information to the benefit of the organization.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Initiative, resourcefulness, timeliness.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Strong conceptual and analytical abilities.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to understand the Organization’s structure and portfolios.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a team of colleagues of varied cultural and professional backgrounds.
- Proven ability to produce quality work accurately and concisely according to set deadlines.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Strong facilitation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a team of colleagues of varied cultural and professional backgrounds
- Proven ability to produce quality work accurately and concisely according to set deadlines
- Ability to navigate through differing ideas or perspectives to reach to an independent judgment
Required: Fluency in English is required (oral and written).
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Position Title and Vacancy Number with three professional referees, and their contacts (both email and telephone) to International Organization for Migration (IOM), RO Human Resources Department, via e-mail: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 18 August 2021
Please click here for more details. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
NOTE NO FEE: The International Organization for Migration (IOM) does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, process or training). IOM does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank details.
Posting period: From: 06.08.2021 to 18.08.2021